WTF DISH!? I'm a PCO about 75% of receivers have reverted to Infomercial

civicbeater

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
In orbit
What is it now?! About 75% of receivers at all my properties have reverted to Dish infomercial channel. Anyone know what caused this?

I'm truly glad that 80% of my properties have Directv head ends.

No what the person is saying is that he has Dish commercially to service his appartments, condos, offices etc. And in these setups he has a headend setup to service those areas (instead of putting satellite receivers in each office or room)

And for some reason the channel change on many of the receivers in the headend to display Channel 101.

In a headend type setup its a pain to go and change the channel back to the correct channels as you could have 50 receivers or more to change back. And in addition you cant use a remote as if you do you might be chaning other receivers as well.

I can understand his pain here and this one could be a pain in the butt. :)

No what the person is saying is that he has Dish commercially to service his appartments, condos, offices etc. And in these setups he has a headend setup to service those areas (instead of putting satellite receivers in each office or room)

And for some reason the channel change on many of the receivers in the headend to display Channel 101.

In a headend type setup its a pain to go and change the channel back to the correct channels as you could have 50 receivers or more to change back. And in addition you cant use a remote as if you do you might be chaning other receivers as well.

I can understand his pain here and this one could be a pain in the butt. :)

Exactly, thanks for understanding. It surely is a pain. However, more so trying to explain to customers why crap like this occurs. As of late with card swaps, forced software changes dish net hasn't done anything good for a reputation.

i'm on the phone now with Dish trying to pull info from them. I remoted in to several other properties, appears the issue is with 2800 receivers only.

I have been checking in with other retailers and at DishRetailer.COM and no one else ha reported any issues (and I know a bunch of them do headends)

yeah, it sucks tuning channels on a headend, my CNN was set to the wrong channel at work for weeks because i didn't want to go in teh closet and blind tune the reciver on the rack since the only monitor i have for that room is a 27in TV i'd have to roll from across the building

How about this? The 2800 uses the IR 1.5. So, stand in front of all your receivers with the remote, and hit the Recall button. Might work for most if not all...

yeah, but the receivers that are tuned correctly will be changed.
If the receivers tuned correctly all had their channels entered twice (perhaps a common occurrance if each receiver is supposed to be on one specific channel), then Recall should still leave those on the right channel.

Edit 1: Of course if they were all originally tuned via the front panel switches, then they would go back to an adjacent channel. :(

Off topic edit 2: My DTVpal forgets what channel it was previously on once it has been off.

If the receivers tuned correctly all had their channels entered twice (perhaps a common occurrance if each receiver is supposed to be on one specific channel), then Recall should still leave those on the right channel.

Edit 1: Of course if they were all originally tuned via the front panel switches, then they would go back to an adjacent channel. :(

Off topic edit 2: My DTVpal forgets what channel it was previously on once it has been off.

it's definitely worth while. One thing I considered was taping the IR receiver on the box that was tuned correctly and trying this however this is something I have to walk properties over the phone and don't feel confident in having them do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)