Programming question for remote

glowrdr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
I'm new to the dish (2 weeks) and newer to this site. Quick question for all you experts.

Long story short - I am looking to keep my dish (20.1?) remote for the 722k as my primary remote. Not worth the hassle of taking a more sophisticated remote and trying to learn all the buttons it's missing.

I've got a Harman Kardon receiver, and the 3 codes aren't working. Neither is the auto-program function finding anything. I figured I could just learn what I need from the receiver (power and volume). Got the volume, power is another thing.

My H/K remote has dedicated on and off buttons. This does me no good because I can only turn the receive on or off with the power button now - not both. Anyone know if there is a way to not have dedicated buttons? Or should I just program another button that I keep track of in a non-conventional place? (i.e. power turns it on, stop turns it off)

Thanks all - great site BTW

Put the dish remote in learn mode for the aux button. Teach the big power button to turn the reciever on, and teach the little power button (the one for the tv power) to turn the reciever off. :)

Doh! I forgot that was the button you couldn't program. They should have blocked the "Recall" button, too...that's aggravating.

To Glo: Just pick another button. Like "Search" or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)