WTF! Three cancelled appointments now???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

polksda

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
Urbana, IL
Dish has now called and cancelled my appointment for the third straight time, saying that there is a "nationwide shortage of DP44 switches." I'm sick and damned tired of taking time off from work or having to schedule meetings around the vague 5-hour windows only to have them cancelled!

First time it was a local installer that I'm used to dealing with that cancelled, second time it was the "hub office", and now this time it was a different local installer.

So much for having HD for the NCAA tournament. Bastards.

FantasyChannel said:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better yet, call 1 800 DIRECTV
Or not.

Their telling the truth, there really is a sortage of dpp44 switches. Dishnetwork has not been able to keep them instock for the installers.

If he wants the right equipment, Dish network has no choice but to delay the install date.

Well, after dealing with India for over an hour, escalating to a supervisor, and not being able to get them to understand what I was upset about, I finally just hung up and did what I should have done in the first place: went through the tech support section instead of customer disservice.

I swear that the Indian CSRs do not have the authority to answer any questions whatsoever. Every time I asked a question I was put on hold for 3-5 minutes. Absolutely infuriating!

Dealing with tech support on the other hand, I got a very friendly 'merican young lady who never ONCE put me on hold and was able to work out what I believe to be a partially equitable solution. Instead of routing the part through the hubs and to the installer, where it could be diverted to another job anywhere along the way, the DP44 is being shipped out today to me personally, so there will be no question about the part being available when my install date arrives. I was also given a $30 credit on my account.

The one thing I could NOT get done either through tech support or India was some sort of temporary arrangement whereby I could obtain CBSHD for the basketball tournaments until they come out for the install. What I had requested was that since I can receive 110, 119, and 129, that they let me have CBSHD Chicago (on 129) since I cannot integrate a 61.5 dish until the DP44 is installed. Nope. No can do even temporarily since I don't live in Chicago.

*sigh*

At least you got a cancellation call. I was supposed to have a manager come out on Monday to fix the first two "installers" crappy job. I sat around all day waiting. He did not call or show. Maybe it's a tactic? .....Make you so angry you don't want to waste your time with them.

our regional director told us on Tuesday that there is 6 weeks waiting time in WI do to shortage of DPP 44. it is true we are out and a lots of costumers getting upset at the techs. Sorry there is nothing we can do.

please list your locals and why you would need a 44, what receivers you have etc. if you get Chicago locals, have a 622 and a single tuner, or 2 single tuners you do not need one

GeorgeLV said:
Is there any reason why you must have Dish Network? DirecTV also has the Chicago HD locals.

Because CBSHD isn't the only HD I watch, and in general the D* HD lineup is abysmal compared to E*. Sorry but it's true.

please list your locals and why you would need a 44, what receivers you have etc. if you get Chicago locals, have a 622 and a single tuner, or 2 single tuners you do not need one

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I don't currently get the Chicago locals; I'm in downstate IL (Champaign/Springfield/Decatur market). Since I am not eligible for Chicago locals on 129, I have to get CBSHD from New York, which is on 61.5, hence the problem. The only reason I brought up Chicago was that I was proposing to E* that since the delays were their fault, that they give me access to the Chicago CBSHD on 129 temporarily until they could obtain the parts and could do the install/upgrade that they've cancelled multiple times. Not doable.

I have a Dish 1000 pointed at 110, 119, and 129, and a Dish 300 pointed at 61.5. They were trying the "cascading switches" trick to get it to work without a DP44, but that was an absolute mess. Something about the way they had it hooked up was causing the 211 receiver to lose the 110/119/129 and only recognize 61.5, frequent lockups, etc. Right now I have the 61.5 dish bypassed entirely for stability.

I only have one receiver, the 211. Only reason this is all being done is for CBSHD, since it's on an oddball satellite...

If I'm omitting any information, please yell... :)

polksda said:
Because CBSHD isn't the only HD I watch, and in general the D* HD lineup is abysmal compared to E*. Sorry but it's true.

Good thing that DirecTV has more than CBS-HD. They have your big local channels in HD (WBBM, WMAQ, WLS, and WFLD), TNT-HD, Universal HD, ESPNHD, ESPN2HD, Discovery HD Theater, HDNet, HDNet Movies, HBO, and Showtime. Except for the Voom channels it's the exact same lineup. If you can live with that "abysmal" line up for a year for DirecTV to finish launching their satellites, the DirecTV equipment will see you through 150 national HD channels while the Dish 1000 will run out of space much sooner.

GeorgeLV said:
Good thing that DirecTV has more than CBS-HD. They have your big local channels in HD (WBBM, WMAQ, WLS, and WFLD), TNT-HD, Universal HD, ESPNHD, ESPN2HD, Discovery HD Theater, HDNet, HDNet Movies, HBO, and Showtime. Except for the Voom channels it's the exact same lineup. If you can live with that "abysmal" line up for a year for DirecTV to finish launching their satellites, the DirecTV equipment will see you through 150 national HD channels while the Dish 1000 will run out of space much sooner.

You seem to just shrug off the Voom channels as if they're nothing. Also why in blazes would I want to make do with less for a year waiting on the possibility that D* might eclipse E* in HD at some point? That's just dain bramaged... If and when D* HD surpasses E* I might switch. Until then, I don't think so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)