WVIT HD??? GIANTS IN SD; WTF???

There is no one to call . . . I love that every game has been in HD this season, but something tells me that WVIT screwed this up royally because it was "FLEX GAME"

Sorry - I amost called yesterday, because they didn't flip the switch for golf either.

Clearly stupidity at play. Amazing for a (soon former) O&O

Just makes you shake your head and if I was Dish, I would be irate! How do you advertise TurboHd during an HD Sunday night game and let providers get away with this??? Just ridiculous!

Not at all. Just a lot of time the master control is done out of NY.

The new studio is going up and looking nice. :)

BTW a lot of the stuff at WTNH is actually switched from WWLP in Springfield.

I fully understand that Dish broadcast the signal sent to them, but when something like this occurs, I think they should escalate the problem and fight for their customers!

From experience, the problem is almost always lack of people / contactability on the affiliate end. It's so bad that I never even bother looking for numbers anymore - I just call that station's newsroom.

Having E* calling as well wouldn't help much - it's usually just the affiliate messing up

I fully understand that Dish broadcast the signal sent to them, but when something like this occurs, I think they should escalate the problem and fight for their customers!
With over 3000 channels being broadcast that would be impossible to do, and plus the people monitoring would need to know what is HD and what is not HD as well.

Also the game aired the same way on DirecTV as well, so its not a Dish problem, just an affiliate switching problem.

I keep control room phone numbers for all local stations on a sticky note on the front of my TV.

Just another example of why we should be able to get the CBS, NBC, ABC and FOX channels without the local affiliate feed. It's 2008, the networks don't need these affiliates anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)