WVIZ-PBS HD

Where are you located? After the digital transition, WVIZ switched to a more powerful transmitter. Depending on your location, you may be able to easily pickup WVIZ's OTA signal via a simple indoor antenna.

Lake County. Not really interested in OTA. Just curious.

There are advantages to OTA PBS if your local station has sub-channels. Some local PBS's have 2 or 3 subchannels being broadcast with different programming, like PBS World, PBS Create. My local PBS has a subchannel called Explore. Even if Dish does provide your PBS station in HD, it is doubtful that the subchannels will be included.

On a side note, by 2013 Dish will be required to provide all commercial broadcast channels in a particular market in HD, not just the big four. I don't know if that will include PBS since it is not a commercial station.

There are advantages to OTA PBS if your local station has sub-channels. Some local PBS's have 2 or 3 subchannels being broadcast with different programming, like PBS World, PBS Create. My local PBS has a subchannel called Explore. Even if Dish does provide your PBS station in HD, it is doubtful that the subchannels will be included.

On a side note, by 2013 Dish will be required to provide all commercial broadcast channels in a particular market in HD, not just the big four. I don't know if that will include PBS since it is not a commercial station.

WVIZ has the two sub channels (World & Create). I like Mystery and would like to see it in HD, thats all.

WVIZ has the two sub channels (World & Create). I like Mystery and would like to see it in HD, thats all.

I know you said you're not interested, but I'm going to try and sell you anyways:

Why not just try connecting a $5 antenna to your ViP receiver? That's what I have and I get WVIZ & 3 subchannels and the HD on WVIZ looks very good....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts