X1 DVR - video flashes & crackling in the audio

larrykenney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
San Francisco, CA
For the past week or so I've experienced four instances where I saw flashes of white going across the screen intermittently along with crackling static in the audio. Rebooting clears up the problem, but in a day or two it returns.

Is anyone else seeing and hearing this interference?

Not on mine, sounds like a signal issue, could be a bad cable or did Comcast put a amp on the line, if not they might need too, they did on mine and cleared the issue I had.

For the past week or so I've experienced four instances where I saw flashes of white going across the screen intermittently along with crackling static in the audio. Rebooting clears up the problem, but in a day or two it returns.

Is anyone else seeing and hearing this interference?
I'm seeing the same thing, and a reset always fixes it. Of course, it comes back. Dish tech support was no help, they could only forward to engineering. It's not a cable because it happens with my Joey also. My audio drops out anywhere from one to three seconds.

I'm seeing the same thing, and a reset always fixes it. Of course, it comes back. Dish tech support was no help, they could only forward to engineering. It's not a cable because it happens with my Joey also. My audio drops out anywhere from one to three seconds.
This is the Comcast forum so why would it matter what a Dish receiver does????

Its in the Comcast forum so I assume a X1 issue

Sounds like a Dish issue-

He names Dish Tech support and his Joey.

I was on Comcast with the X1 receiver when I posted about this problem a year ago. I never liked the way the X1 box worked. It was too clunky for me, so I'm back with Dish again for TV and only use Comcast for internet.

whoops you're right. So I see someone drugged up an old thread to basically threadcrap on it because it isnt the right forum ;)

whoops you're right. So I see someone drugged up an old thread to basically threadcrap on it because it isnt the right forum ;)
That's my bad.
I've been so frustrated with this issue (Dish) that when Search turned up my exact problem, I replied before I checked whic forum I posted in. Lesson learned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)