Xact XTR1 Firmware or Reset Switch? Having problems. Help

superfuzz

Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
I got the receiver over year ago but only activated it this christmas with the lifetime subscription. WOrked for about 10 days then all the sudden it just beeps, screen blinks, comes back on again, and beeps and repeats over and over again.

I saw someone else had a simlar problem over a year ago without a resolution

I would return it, but the problem is the warranty is up and they are telling me that i would need to buy a new radio for $99 and then i would have to pay $75 to transfer radios!!!I already paid about $800!! Frustrating.

Anyone have thoughts? Is there some firmware that i can upgrade to or a reset ability with this thing to make it stop this auto reset like loop it seems to be stuck in. Ive taken it out of the boom box and connected it to a different attenna, as well as the car and the same thing happens. I dont care if i have to open it up if you think thre is some sort of reset switch inside.

THanks for any help anyone may have

Problem is ive really onlyhad the service for a month, even tho i had the radio for over a year, but it wasnt even used till i started to activate it. Frustrating.... cause now ill only have 2 more transfers and its going to cost me a new radio and the 75 transfer fee when i just spent the $. I have a theory tho. It seems that xact only needs a valid copy of the receipt that i bought it. So i figure ill go out and buy the exact one, make a copy of the receipt and return it. Then i can use the copy of the receipt as proof. I doubt the receipt will have any markings relating to a specific XTR1 unit. We shall see, however, everyone is sold out right now.... heheh

Every radio has a very specific ID number; the number you subscribe with. If you setup that "bad" radio already, you could give it a try, but be wary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts