XBOX 360 Elite Reviews

ScottJayhawk

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Hoping to see some reviews of the XBOX 360 Elite from those who purchased it mainly to experience full 1080p over HDMI. Is there a big performance increase over the standard XBOX 360 when going from 1080i over component to 1080p over HDMI?

Thanks!

All the reviews I have read say that there is no difference in PQ between the two.

Our local WalMart had 3 Elite units last night at 7pm.

Thanks Scott
I would say "most" of the reviews I have read say little to no difference, but not "all" - there have been a view comments about improved PQ, looking forward to some reviews from the trusted members of this forum.

Thanks, Scott

Attachments

• achievementunlockedqp5.jpg
    achievementunlockedqp5.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 153
One thing for sure. It's easier to see the red lights on the black model. I had the white model and my 360 had the red lights. I'm slightly color blind. So it was hard to see the lights was red or green or orange on the white model.

Got my Elite last night. The picture quality between 1080p over component from my old system, and 1080p over HDMI is very visible on my set (Pioneer Elite PRO-FHD1). The colors are much better and no analog "noise". Probably not worth the money for most to change, but I wanted all my devices to be digital.

Got my Elite last night. The picture quality between 1080p over component from my old system, and 1080p over HDMI is very visible on my set (Pioneer Elite PRO-FHD1). The colors are much better and no analog "noise". Probably not worth the money for most to change, but I wanted all my devices to be digital.

Is it quiet? I just got mine back and it so much nicer! I was going to get an elite but honestly i have 1080p over vga. i wanted the hdmi to pass the hd sound formats.

Nope, sounds like a jet engine just as my old system did. Gets just as hot too. The picture quality is really good though. This showed the most on the new Shrek 3 demo download. The cut scene at the beginning of the game is full 1080p. Really nice.

Ah this is too bad about the sound. Since i got mine fixed its alot quieter.

I got one last night and I love it. The picture quality is great. Not a lot different from the component cables, but different. It is quite loud when you play a game, but when watching a movie or just running the front screen, its quiet. The audio throught the HDMI cable and my stereo didn't sound that great so I have to use the plug in that came with it for RCA plugs for my stereo, now it sounds great. By the way, I love Gears Of War and can't wait for Halo 3!

Colors seem to be a little brighter with the HDMI cable (in case anyone was wondering they releases Halo 3 pictures and I just couldnt stand having my game system (ps3) and no games). Anyways, Sound is loud, louder then my launch 360 that I had....Other then that I love the black, and the large hard drive!

Went to the local Best Buy in Brick, NJ yesterday. Brown had already delivered my drive earlier in the day, but my office needed a UPS to replace one that died.....

All Elites and Wiis were sold out, 3 premium 360s in stock, 4 PS3s. I talked to a sales rep and he says he hasn't sold a PS3 in weeks... The Elites got snapped up within hours according to him....

Bob same around here, Gamestop I got the last one in the area...feel bad, its not that the ps3 is a bad system, its really not, just not selling, oh well, I cant wait for gears of war tonight! Bob you up for some gears, or anyone else?

Sorry, I promised my son I'd take him to Spiderman 3 tonight......

Actually Gears is one of those games that I rarely play online. I get my ass handed to me.... Maybe I'll try again soon..... Add me to your friends list and I'll take another crack at it next time I'm on.....

I know I come off as an MS fanboy, I just think that Sony made a major miscalculation shoving the BluRay drive in there. It will interesting to see what happens when those 2 million HD DVD players hit Walmart later this year.....

I DID add the 120 GB hard drive though and that is working great....... Remarkably easy upgrade......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)