Xbox 360 extended warranty purchase?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
I called M$ this morning to purchase an extended warranty for one of my 360. I was told since it's currently our of warranty, I can't purchase one. Anyone come across this? I find it hard to believe M$ doesn't want to sell me an extended warranty.

I think they belive that once it is out of warranty, most people would only buy extended if they have had a failure, etc.

That is a common practice, sell extended up to the end of the oiginal. My company you have to buy 90 days before end of original warranty.

I called M$ this morning to purchase an extended warranty for one of my 360. I was told since it's currently our of warranty, I can't purchase one. Anyone come across this? I find it hard to believe M$ doesn't want to sell me an extended warranty.

Just bought my grandson a Elite this morning. Included in the box was an application for a 2 year warranty from Microsoft for $59.90 plus state tax. The application has to be mailed within 10 days of purchase. As another poster stated this is most likely to keep people from buying the warranty AFTER their XBOX is broken who would not have purchased it up front. I probably won't buy any extended warranty as Target gives us 90 days to return it if it breaks and Microsoft gives a 1 year warranty + 3 years for RROD to the original purchaser.

The good this is the 3yr warranty is still in affect for the RRoD. Plus this one was already fixed once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts