XM - Bad Earnings & Director Quits

mwgiii

Gaming Guru & Pub Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Birmingham, AL
XM Satellite loss widens, director quits

NEW YORK (Reuters) - XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. (XMSR.O: Quote, Profile, Research) on Thursday posted a wider fourth-quarter loss, hurt by higher programing and marketing costs even as revenue more than doubled.In addition, XM said that a company director, Pierce Roberts, has resigned from the board because he saw "a significant chance of a crisis on the horizon" and was "troubled" about XM's direction.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsa...RUKOC_0_US-MEDIA-XMSATELLITE-EARNS.xml&rpc=23

XM is in trouble.

They have forgotten that the main reason people buy Satellite Radio is better programming.

XM's programming has turned to sh*t over the past year and it almost appears no one at XM cares. Its like they only care how many radios are being activated instead of what they are actually putting on their radio.

Most of the decade stations have lost their DJ's now leaving them lifeless sounding like a MP3 jukebox instead of the radio stations they are supposed to be. (on the XM 80's channel they are still using the bumpers and promos of Bruce Kelly who hasn't worked at XM for quite awhile now)

In addition the play lists have shrunk and now the repition is as bad as standard FM.

Also XM killed off almost all the things that made XM unique, gone are Special X, On The Rock, Ngoma, XMLM and a few others which all made XM unique. The only unique channel still left on XM is Cinemagic.

Also finnaly it is SAD that I can get more XM Music Channels from other sources then I get on the XM Radio I subscribe to. DirecTV offers many XM music channels which are not available on the XM Satellite Service, in addition you can listen to all the XM music channels for free via AOL and again there are more music channels available via XM on AOL them XM Via Satellite.

XM Needs to remember the companies name is XM SATELLITE RADIO.

Hmm, XM has more subscribers than Sirius. Maybe XM will see that they would be better off selling all of their subscribers to Sirius or another provider that may be interested in their subscribers (Dish or Direct?).

How is Sirius doing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)