Xm "invoice fee"?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CDH

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 28, 2004
Greenville, SC
I bought a new car a few months ago and got a free 3-month trial of XM. I'm not the biggest fan, but I did pay the $142.45 for a 12-month renewal. Now I've got a bill for sales tax (thanks, SC) that wasn't initially billed but also an "invoice fee" for $2.

I would have paid the sales tax with the other payment if they'd charged me. But they didn't.

Is this normal to then stick me with a $2 fee because they didn't initially charge me the sales tax?

Sounds fishy to me.

CDH.

Follow-up: in the terms of service (7.c.5) it says they can charge the fee if one chooses to pay by check or money order.

But I didn't. I paid online with a credit card.

CDH.

They charge $2 to mail a bill.

Call and explain that you paid for the 12 months, they should waive the $2 if you pay the tax. Might even waive the tax?

Ask them to bill you via email so you don't get charged the $2 ever again.

Interesting that they charge for sending a bill even though I already paid everything they asked.

It seems that they're in breach of their own terms of service. Perhaps they should change the terms of service to say "if we need to send you a bill because we forgot to charge you something then we'll charge you a $2 fee."

Okay, I'm over it.

Thanks,
CDH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts