Yamaha RX-V379

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
I'm thinking of getting one of these entry level Yamahas for my bedroom setup where I have my Sony 65X850A and my Sony media player. It has 4 HDMI inouts and input 4 is full HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 support. It is only a 5.1 system, but that's all I need. It should drive my BG ribbon speakers just fine. Hoping it will allow me to run the media player through the receiver and everything to input 4. It should work also when UDH BD players are out. Only $299, so it shouldn't hurt.

S~

The Onkyo TX-NR646 is more enticing with 3 HDMI 2.0a inputs, but I am not too keen on Onkyo. Didn't really care for my Integra, they dropped Audyssey, and they are known for failures, particularly the HDMI.

S~

The Onkyo TX-NR646 is more enticing with 3 HDMI 2.0a inputs, but I am not too keen on Onkyo. Didn't really care for my Integra, they dropped Audyssey, and they are known for failures, particularly the HDMI.

S~
I keep hearing that, but my older 605 and 806 just keep plugging away flawlessly. I have measured temperatures at the case and after 8 hours, the temperature is always under 90 degrees F.

I think it is a few people who smothered the receivers with poor ventilation and then complained loudly. The HDMI failuers were real, but limited to a single series, and Onkyo did step up on that one.

Much the same as the complaints about bulb life on the Epson projectors. My bulb exceeded the 4000 hour life projection, and I start to wonder how these things are being used.

I hear you, the lack of Audyssey is more of an issue, but since it is for the bedroom, It's not as important. Ventilation isn't an issue for me. We'll see.

S~

I think I'm going to pick up the Pioneer Elite VSX-45-K today for the bedroom. It has more HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 inputs. $450 retail, $310 for me :)

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)