Yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...but the cubbies lost! :(

I REALLY wanted the world to come to an end and have a Sox / Cubbies series.

Oh well.

BTW...interesting that both games' final scores were 9-6

See ya
Tony

Yankees win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Double Yeah!!!!
Sorry Scott, I just had to say it. Tonight's game took a couple of years off of my life. What a game, huh? Sox took us to the limit. It doesn't get much better than this.
Was that Bucky Dent & Bill Buckner that I saw sitting together near Babe Ruth's statue? :)

DOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I was watching that game. When a player that was traded from my Reds hit the homer, my heart sank.

Well, I now have zero interest in the World series.

Could you imagine the ratings if the cubbies and the red sox would have met up for the WS?

But no...the team that buys its way into the World Series every year and an expansion team (yes, it will always be an expansion team to me) get to fight it out in a battle only New Yorkers (in Miami and NY) care about. BAH!

See ya
Tony <---the sourest of grapes

TNGTony said:
DOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I was watching that game. When a player that was traded from my Reds hit the homer, my heart sank.

Well, I now have zero interest in the World series.

Could you imagine the ratings if the cubbies and the red sox would have met up for the WS?

But no...the team that buys its way into the World Series every year and an expansion team (yes, it will always be an expansion team to me) get to fight it out in a battle only New Yorkers (in Miami and NY) care about. BAH!

See ya
Tony <---the sourest of grapes

Tony you are entitled to your opinion but I completely disagree with your assesment. If it was about rating then why not have the Red Sox and Yankees again in the WS and eliminate the NL all together. Ratings maybe the consequence of match ups but you still have to play the game on the field. The Red Sox are not the Anaheim Angels with a payroll of 40 million dollars. The Red Sox payroll is second only to the Yankees. Even so, again you still need to play the game on the field and win it.

I expect this WS to be an excellent match up. The Marlins are one of the best come back teams in baseball. They never think they are out of the game. They can run, put the ball in play and they can pitch as well. They have a very good bullpen so I expect this series to be as good as it gets. Another thing when Boone was traded from Cincinatti, the Reds got in return the best left handed pitcher prospect in the Yankees organization. So the Yankees pay a high price for Boone who only hit less than 220 as a Yankee and a little over 110 in the post season. I expect Brando Glaussen to be a very good pitcher for the Reds. Maybe the Reds and all baseball teams watching now, should learn from the Marlins. When you put a winning team on the field, fans will come to the game. This is what the Reds and other teams in baseball have not done. $$$ going into their pocket instead going to the team. I love George because he will sell his house to bring a winning team to NY.

Go Marlins...

I hate that the Yankees benefited from it, but I am glad to see both of the curses still intact :)

Now if my A's could just get past the first round of the playoffs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)