Yearly Payment Savings

atvman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
I tried to pay for the Everything Package for 1 year and was told Dish does not offer this. I then paid for the Top 180 Package for 1 year and got one month free. When trying to paid for all movie channels for one year you would think the price would be $370 times 11 or 12 months but not so, they put in their computer as each separate movie package for one year which eliminates the multiple movie channel discount. This makes it much cheaper to pay for the 4 movie package monthly instead of 1 year in advance. Doesn't seem right to me! :confused:

AT180 package annual is 11 months plus Mega Movie Package annual is 11 months = savings vs. being charged for AEP for 12 months. You still get your DVR fees waived as well by the way and there is some savings by doing it this way.

Yearly savings

I have the mega movie package. They will not let me pay for the mega movie package as $36.99 x 12 or 11 months. This is my point. The csr said she had to put each movie channel package individually yearly. Starz x 11 months (12.99x11) Hbo x 11 months, Cinemax x 11months, and Showtime x 11 months which saves you one month of each. They said the price is about $550. Even if you take mega movie pack for a 12 month period it should be $443.88 ($36.99x12=$443.88)

I've always paid for AT180 at annual price plus Megamovie at the annual price. For some strange reason I save a few dollars this way then if I paid for the Everything Pak at the annual the price. Go figure.
I also subscribe to a few other packages at annual price. Overall I save ONE month on each package plus I'm protected against any price increases during that year. Plus there's a savings on postage stamps for 11 months.

atvman said:
I have the mega movie package. They will not let me pay for the mega movie package as $36.99 x 12 or 11 months. This is my point. The csr said she had to put each movie channel package individually yearly. Starz x 11 months (12.99x11) Hbo x 11 months, Cinemax x 11 months, and Showtime x 11 months which saves you one month of each. They said the price is about $550. Even if you take mega movie pack for a 12 month period it should be $443.88 ($36.99x12=$443.88)

Something is wrong with that CSR. I pay the megamovie at 11 times the monthly rate = $407.

You have to tell them you want the "megamovie package" or most of the CSRs will never find it and try to sell you each of the 4 packages individually for over $500.

Annually it is just slightly cheaper than AEP, but you do not get the NBA channel or the NBA games in HD. The only real advantage to annual prepay is that you are protected for a few months from any price increase (i.e. you are protected until your annual comes up for renewal then you switch to the higher rate).

I have switched back to AEP. I have done annual prepay a few times. If you do not want a monthly bill and do not want to have CC autopay you can prepay your Dish account. I usually do this. But, be warned if you try to put more than about $600 in your dish account they will send it back to you (billing computer thinks you have made a mistake). You can get this fixed on your account (I have my account flagged after the first time it happened), but it probably cannot be done by a CSR, but has to be done by someone in accounting.

Note if you have AT180 and MMP you should also have your DVR fees eliminated just like AEP.

If a CSR told me that they could not do Mega Movie Package annually to only charge 11 months but wanted to charge for each one seperately I would hang up and call again to get a different one. That CSR you had obviously didnt know the correct procedures.

I agree with Stargazer. Sometimes it helps to just hang up the phone and call back to get someone that's been working there long enough to provide accurate information.
Regards,
Brendan

You have to tell them you want the "megamovie package" or most of the CSRs will never find it and try to sell you each of the 4 packages individually for over $500.

the csr has no control over the package and price you are charged. all the csr does is enter the programing on your acct. for example,you call in to order HBO & Showtime.. all the csr does is add the code for hbo and the code for showtime. the computer sees you have 2 movie channels on your acct and automatically gives you the discount price.

the reason you cant get AEP on an annual plan is because you are already getting the AEP at a discounted monthly rate that is only availible on a monthly basis. at180 is 47.99 & all 4 prem combo is 36.99 totalling 84.98. the AEP monthly price is 81.99.

So take 84.98 times 11 = 934.78
look at 81.99 times 12 = 983.88

its still a savings of about $50 over the monthly price, but the AEP 81.99 is a special rate only availible for for monthly paying customers

The CSR probably has some control if there is more than one way of entering in the information for the computer to accept.

there are 2 ways to enter programing on a account. monthly or annualy, then the computer does the rest.. I was a CSR for 2 years.. I been in advanced tech for the last two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)