Yes Network and MSG

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jhferry

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 8, 2006
Newbie here,

I called E* and asked them about the Yes network and they told me it was under negoitiations, does anyone know If this is really going to happen?

Also, while they offer the Madison Square Garden network, are they Knicks games blacked out If you like in another state like PA? I live in PA and my locals are NY but my cable provider still has the Knicks games blacked out even though I get the channel.

Thanks for the help.

jhferry said:
Newbie here,

I called E* and asked them about the Yes network and they told me it was under negoitiations, does anyone know If this is really going to happen?

Also, while they offer the Madison Square Garden network, are they Knicks games blacked out If you like in another state like PA? I live in PA and my locals are NY but my cable provider still has the Knicks games blacked out even though I get the channel.

Thanks for the help.
Its been under negotiations since YES was started. Not likely to ever come to an agreement.

All black out rules apply.

Last edited:
Figures about the blackouts. I had 2 different E* guys tell me they dont black them out.

Check out dish.fxep.com and plug in your ZIP code, tis will let you know whether Knicks games are blacked out or not.

Why can't we get the Yankee games on ESPN when they are also on YES? I could understand being blacked out if YES was available to us? They should make an excemption to E* since we have no other choice.

When i lived in Northeastern Pa (Scranton area), 18 months ago i had MSG and FSNY as my RSN's and i did get Rangers hocky and Knicks basketbAll on MSG, and NY Mets Baseball on FSNY.

So unless they changed policy in the past 18 months you should receive them.

P.S. - Most of NorthEastern PA is considered to be in the home area for Mets/Knicks/Rangers according to the official MLB/NBA/NHL home teritories zip code lists.

I moved to Allentown PA, which is more like CentralEastern PA 18 months ago (80 miles south of Scranton) and i no longer qualify for MSG/FSNY as my home RSN's and i verified that my new zip code is not on the MLB/NBA/NHL Home territories list for the NY teams any more.

If you go to the dish web site and enter your zip code it should tell you what home RSN's you qualify for, and if you qualify for them you should receive all the pro sports for their teams without blackouts or having to pay extra!!!

Last edited:
jhferry said:
Newbie here,

Thanks for the help.

jhferry - Sorry to buzz in of topic but I live in PA as well and I was told that my Dish locals were from Philly. Right now I have DirecTV but am switching this summer. I was able to get my NY locals - I am from there and work there - by "moving" but maybe I won't have to with Dish. I'm in the Lehigh Valley; are u anywhere near that?

Thanks.

TH

richard_rd said:
When i lived in Northeastern Pa (Scranton area), 18 months ago i had MSG and FSNY as my RSN's and i did get Rangers hocky and Knicks basketbAll on MSG, and NY Mets Baseball on FSNY.

So unless they changed policy in the past 18 months you should receive them.

P.S. - Most of NorthEastern PA is considered to be in the home area for Mets/Knicks/Rangers according to the official MLB/NBA/NHL home teritories zip code lists.

I moved to Allentown PA, which is more like CentralEastern PA 18 months ago (80 miles south of Scranton) and i no longer qualify for MSG/FSNY as my home RSN's and i verified that my new zip code is not on the MLB/NBA/NHL Home territories list for the NY teams any more.

If you go to the dish web site and enter your zip code it should tell you what home RSN's you qualify for, and if you qualify for them you should receive all the pro sports for their teams without blackouts or having to pay extra!!!

Ugh - That likely answers my previous post. Oh well.

I am way up near the NY state border by RT 84 in Milford. That zip code thing said I wont get them but Dish continues to say I will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)