YES!.......no.

SNT

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 26, 2004
Indian Harbour Beach, FL
I glanced at the homepage and saw a blurb about the YES Network. I almost fell off the chair in excitement. Then, I read the rest and well, what an emotional high and low in the course of second and a half. :(
I thought for a second that I may have a reason the order MLB EI.

-SNT

And this customer left Dish because of it.

It's funny how they keep saying it'll cost everyone more, But DTV seems to be able to provide it in the TC lineup for the same price as AT120. :confused: Go figure....

If Dish gets their heads out of their rears on this issue, I would eventually come back. But they won't get my money till then.

As a RedSox fan I must admit I HATE the Yankees, however with that said there is no reason why one of America's most popular if not the most popular baseball team is not on Dish Network.

Dish should realize that the Yankees are not a New York Team, they are America's Team (Damn it hurt to say that) :)

Scott,

As a fellow die-hard Red Sox fan, how dare you call the Evil Empire, "America's Team." :^) This is one of the main raesons I am switching to E*, the less I see of the Yankees, the better. lol

~Josh

Wow, we didn't have a thread on this thru the first three weeks of the season. Surprised it took that long. I for one have no desire to see the Yankees on Dish, nor do I want to have to help pay for it.

Quite frankly, I don't really care about YES as a whole. I am a huge Yankees fan that lives in Florida. Without YES, there is no reason to get MLB EI. So there is lost revenue from someone outside of NY because of no YES. I am sure that I am not alone.
I wonder if Dish has factored the loss in EI revenues due to this.
It is not just a NY issue.

And to address the issue about people not wanting to pay for it, I don't recall that being an issue for customers of DTV. Theie pricing with the channel seems to be right in line with DISH. I believe this to be a Dish problem, not YES.

-SNT

Last edited:
SNT said:
Quite frankly, I don't really care about YES as a whole. I am a huge Yankees fan that lives in Florida. Without YES, there is no reason to get MLB EI. So there is lost revenue from someone outside of NY because of no YES. I am sure that I am not alone.
I wonder if Dish has factored the loss in EI revenues due to this.
It is not just a NY issue.

And to address the issue about people not wanting to pay for it, I don't recall that being an issue for customers of DTV. Theie pricing with the channel seems to be right in line with DISH. I believe this to be a Dish problem, not YES.

-SNT
Why?? Yankee games ARE on EI..just not the YES feed

People clearly hate the Yankees because they won so many championships. They don't care about seeing them on E because they get to watch their lousy teams finish third, fourth or last. E will finish last in NY state over D and lousy cable because of it. WE NEED YES on E

Stanleee said:
People clearly hate the Yankees because they won so many championships. They don't care about seeing them on E because they get to watch their lousy teams finish third, fourth or last. E will finish last in NY state over D and lousy cable because of it. WE NEED YES on E

YES wants too much money.

They want around the same ammount that ESPN does.

Dish was able to get a deal done with STO (Sportstime Ohio)

Dish will not pay though the nose for YES and that is the problem.

YES wants to be in AT60.

For what YES wants per sub there is no chance in hell of YES getting on Dish.

And for all the Yankees money when was the last time the Yankees Checkbook was able to buy them the World Series (division championship is not that big of a deal)

RVD420 said:
...And for all the Yankees money when was the last time the Yankees Checkbook was able to buy them the World Series (division championship is not that big of a deal)

Apparently, spending more money for players than any other team and getting "almost" there is good enough for Yankee fans! I know that it is driving Satan George absolutely nuts which for my book, make the world a right place! :D

RVD420 said:
YES wants too much money.

They want around the same ammount that ESPN does.

Dish was able to get a deal done with STO (Sportstime Ohio)

Dish will not pay though the nose for YES and that is the problem.

YES wants to be in AT60.

For what YES wants per sub there is no chance in hell of YES getting on Dish.

How is this different than DTV with basically the pricing as Dish?
And how does Dish justify charging the same for MLB EI as everyone else, with A LOT less content?

-SNT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts