Yet another locals question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ozzy1028

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2007
Ive read a few posts that are similar to what im about to ask, on this and other forums. I was considering calling and changing my address so that im able to recieve Detroit locals in HD. Im barely 20 miles out of the Detroit market, if even that far. Does anyone know if i'd be able to recieve them i live in grand blanc, mi. And if so, how do you go about doing it?

The Detroit HD locals are at 118° on a national (ConUS) beam). However, you need a Dish 500 PLUS or a Dish 1000 PLUS to receive this location. The SD locals should be no problem there either.

Confused about the satellite dish names? See this page on the EKB

See ya
Tony

Yes, I have a dish 1000.2. So that shouldn't a prob picking up the detroit locals?

Please re-read my previous post. :)

A dish 1000.2 and a Dish 1000 PLUS are two different things! :) The 1000 Plus is larger and can pick up 110°/118°/119°/129°. A Dish 1000.2 can only pick up 110°/119° and 129°.

A Dish 1000.2 will have no problems with the SD local channels. But it will not pick up the HD locals as long as they are at 118°.

See ya
Tony

Ok, thanks for the help. So in other words i need to find a Local selection in HD that is brought in on sat 119, 129, or 110. i noticed there are quite a few on these sats.

Ozzy,

Sort of... You have to be careful with the 110° satellite because of the spot beams on this satellite. There are no HD locals at 119°. There are plenty of HD locals that can be received nationally at 129°.

See www.dishchannelchart.com look at the 6000 channel range for HD locals.

If you see an S in the transponder field, the channel is on a spot beam and chances are you will not be able to receive it.

See ya
Tony

My apologies for so many questions, but on the dish network channel chart, what does the (dd) stand for under the column "other packages and notes" stand for?

ozzy: READ the page. It answers both of your questions (not to mention Tony answered one of them before you asked it).

LOL! :)

dd = Dolby Digital.

There is a lot of info on the page. I am pretty sure all the cryptic stuff is explaind on the bottom of the page.

And to "RE" answer the spot beam question: If a transponder number has an "S" in it, (like 4s23) it is a spot beam. That example means Transponder 4 spot beam 23. On the main page to the EKB there is a link to maps of individual maps.

BTW...I made a mistake about 119° however, there are still no HD locals at 119° that YOU can receive in Michigan. :)

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)