Yo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCGrunt0307

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 6, 2008
Just thought i'd drop a message and introduce myself. Ive been looking over the forums here on and off for awhile when im pretty bored. Ive been working for Dish for a year now so I know a bit about installing the systems and whatnot so if anybody has specific questions about that I should be able to answer them. PEACE!

don't talk about working for Dish on here....they love looking over the board and seeing who is who on here and fire those that work for them and post on here

How can they even do that unless its due to me disclosing information that the company has yet to make public?

I have one too! When will NESN HD go 24/7, or am I going to have to switch to D*?

Regards, Eric

And if you do mention it, keep your identity and specific location close to the vest. Above all, DON'T post from work.

Well, since dish has pretty much blocked the entire web from view at work thats not a problem, lol.

As for your other issues guys....I dont know, Dish doesnt exactly keep their employees informed. You know how on corny military movies where they say "Its no a need to know basis and you dont need to know" or "I could tell you, but then id have to kill you" Thats pretty much how it is at the big E. Hell, I didnt even know we were getting those 22 "new" HD channels till the morning of the day it happened.

Well, since dish has pretty much blocked the entire web from view at work thats not a problem, lol.

As for your other issues guys....I dont know, Dish doesnt exactly keep their employees informed. You know how on corny military movies where they say "Its no a need to know basis and you dont need to know" or "I could tell you, but then id have to kill you" Thats pretty much how it is at the big E. Hell, I didnt even know we were getting those 22 "new" HD channels till the morning of the day it happened.

Trust me, I know. I've worked for the company for several years. (DNS) If I want any information I have to find it here.

Its pretty sad when thats the way the company works...I understand a need for secracy but if anything letting it known to the world that you were upping your HD count by 22 on a slated date would be, for the most part, a good thing. I can understand them keeping it a secret so that if something goes wrong nobody gets upset about "broken promises" but I would also think it would get people more excited and possibly add more subs...

I like Dish, but I strongly suggest you NOT let anyone at work, esp a supervisor, know you post or are even aware of Satguys. CYA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)