You CAN change things while on dishHD Absolute

AlexTheOne

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
Just FYI...for everyone on dishHD Absoulte package, we all heard that once this package gets removed after 08/01 and we grandfathered to it...we will not be able to change ANYTHING on your account w/o risk of losing it...well I have dishHD Absolute and for last two days I changed a lot of things on my account (removed Superstations, added penny Cinemax, adjusted my EuroNews a-la-carte...) and I still have Absolute :)

If you do not touch dishHD Absolute package itself (as your base programming) you can do any change around it (premuius, locals, supers DHPP add/remove...).

yet i still cant get my RSN. cant switch to "TurboHD" only, despite the fact that they would be making $15 more money off me for essentially ONE additional channel. :mad:

yet i still cant get my RSN. cant switch to "TurboHD" only, despite the fact that they would be making $15 more money off me for essentially ONE additional channel. :mad:

Unfortunately that cannot be changed at least for now...existing subs must wait until February 2009 to be able to switch to TurboHD standalone packages...so you are correct no RSNs for us...

At least we are now sure that you still can adjust some things and still keep Absolute as that was previously questioned.

I have the dishHD Absoulte package with locals. I went into my account on the Dish site yesterday and under sports it showed that I could add the RSN package for $5.99 to my account. I tried it to the point of confirming it. I just didn't want to add it at this time. Has anyone elso tried it yet? I don't know if once you confirm it if it will activate them.

Is $5.99 the standard RSN price? Since HD Absolute is no longer available, I think it will be wise to allow those grandfathered in to have RSN, it only benefits both. Simple enough Charlie?

Are you guys able to view your programming when you log on to your account online? Since Turbo launched I cant view mine. When I click on view my programming it gives me this message "We cannot process your request to change your programming package. Please call 1-888-884-2741 to make these programming changes to your account."

Are you guys able to view your programming when you log on to your account online? Since Turbo launched I cant view mine. When I click on view my programming it gives me this message "We cannot process your request to change your programming package. Please call 1-888-884-2741 to make these programming changes to your account."
Mine says that and has said it since I've had Absolute. Long before TurboHD was launched.

I had option to see my programming online and I saw that $5.99 sports pack mentioned above but I do not know any details about it...it was working until today when I using chat changed and added "penny Cinemax"...and now I am getting the same message/error you guys list here.

Maybe if you get penny Cinemax/special promotion it disables options to manage programming online or it is just coincidence....

The cust. rep did state that their engineering dept. is aware of issues with online tools and they are working on it....

I had option to see my programming online and I saw that $5.99 sports pack mentioned above but I do not know any details about it...it was working until today when I using chat changed and added "penny Cinemax"...and now I am getting the same message/error you guys list here.

Maybe if you get penny Cinemax/special promotion it disables options to manage programming online or it is just coincidence....

The cust. rep did state that their engineering dept. is aware of issues with online tools and they are working on it....

Seems to me that autopay and paperless online billing(required for Cinemax for a Penny deal) would indicate a functioning online account was on offer....not the diabling of online account features. I cant even view my online billing information. LOL!

I have the dishHD Absoulte package with locals. My account said that up until a couple of days ago. Now it gives me the option to change programming including to add the RSN package for $5.99. Maybe it will just take a while to get all the account info back for everyone.

My account has said that all along. Never been able to change my programming online.

I have the dishHD Absoulte package with locals. My account said that up until a couple of days ago. Now it gives me the option to change programming including to add the RSN package for $5.99. Maybe it will just take a while to get all the account info back for everyone.

You CAN change premiums/locals/a la carte etc but you CANNOT add multisports package.
You must subscribe to 1YR AMERICAS TOP 100 PLUS, AMERICA'S TOP 100 PLUS, AMERICA'S TOP 200, DISH LATINO MAX-ENG/SPAN, TURBOHD SILVER, TURBOHD GOLD, DISH Latino Dos w/o Playboy Espanol, AMERICA'S TOP 250, DishLATINO Max, ANNUAL DISH LATINO DOS, DishLATINO Dos to add MULTI SPORT

is what comes up for me when i try to add RSNs

john

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)