You guys have me (unnecessarily) worried

txfeinbergs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
(oops, meant "HAD" in title)

VIP622 install went seamlessly. Guy showed up on time and did an excellent job. He had the dish installed and everything working in about 1 hour. VIP622 has had 0 problems. I have it supplying two TVs and have already set up 14 "Season Passes" (sorry, I am a TIVO convert). All of my local channels are showing up and have program data (after subscribing to the Sat locals). I am completely blown away by this DVR compared to my TIVO HR10-250. It is amazingly fast and I think the interface is pretty slick. It does take a few more button presses than my TIVO took to get things done, but I need the exercise. I do find it a little irritating/confusing that to delete a recording from a timer (the recording has to have stopped recording, and it can not be paused in the middle somewhere, etc) - or perhaps it is because I never read the instructions and am not doing something correct.

I too just had mine setup in less than 1 hour, including a dish repeak, and so far it has worked flawlessly.
The thing about these forum's is they tend to be the exception reported here rather than the general rule. I have a 942 also and have never had any of the major issues other people have in the past. Im convinced OTA tuners and features are the culprits here.

Couple of things i noticed search is way more flexible/complex:p than before, it is way faster than the 942, i have to retune my harmony 880 to make it send commands faster. :D
Also as mentioned before the pvr menu has a second step, but im gonna see if i can get the harmony to program that.:D

Enjoy your new toy, i know i will !:)

gbjbany said:
Also as mentioned before the pvr menu has a second step, but im gonna see if i can get the harmony to program that.:D

PLease post if you can get your Harmony to do a double. I've got a 659 and I don't know if the 659 can even do double commands.

Thanks,
Sam

txfeinbergs said:
(oops, meant "HAD" in title)

VIP622 install went seamlessly. Guy showed up on time and did an excellent job. He had the dish installed and everything working in about 1 hour. VIP622 has had 0 problems. I have it supplying two TVs and have already set up 14 "Season Passes" (sorry, I am a TIVO convert). All of my local channels are showing up and have program data (after subscribing to the Sat locals). I am completely blown away by this DVR compared to my TIVO HR10-250. It is amazingly fast and I think the interface is pretty slick. It does take a few more button presses than my TIVO took to get things done, but I need the exercise. I do find it a little irritating/confusing that to delete a recording from a timer (the recording has to have stopped recording, and it can not be paused in the middle somewhere, etc) - or perhaps it is because I never read the instructions and am not doing something correct.

Your review is almost identical to mine. I just came off a HR10-250 and the picture quality of the 622 is much superior plus you move through the guide at light speed compared to the Tivo. The OTA tuner is amazing and pulls in stations in Chicago that other recivers can't

pdxsam said:
PLease post if you can get your Harmony to do a double. I've got a 659 and I don't know if the 659 can even do double commands.

Thanks,
Sam

Well i tried, i found a review on www.remotecentral.com that said basically you cant. Bummer :(
http://www.remotecentral.com/sst659/index10.htm

"The SST-659 only includes basic support for macros. Except for the [Off] button, the only other macros are those that activate at the beginning or end of an activity – and they’re automatically generated. Absolutely no macros can be recorded on in-device keys. "

Being a DNSC installer, I really appreciate the positive feedback. I hear alot of negative in these forums and it is a breath of fresh air to hear that some one appreciates the work we do.

THANK YOU!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)