You May Want to Order the 6000 Now: $259 for EVERYTHING!!!

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
This may be the time to get off the fence and buy the 6000.

I called this morning to get the 6000 for $199. The CSR informed me that my account had been tagged as Exclusive Customer. Due to my past record with Dish Network, which includes years as a subscriber (6+) and level of programming (minimum of AT 100) I could get the 6000 for $149. That's right $149.

It gets better. The 8VSB OTA tuner module. With a years payment for the HD pack, the 8VSB is FREE!!! For 109.89 I get the module AND HD programming for a year. They do have the option to sign up for HD and may monthly and get the module for $99. Regular MSRP is $149.

So to sum up, if you have been a regular Dish customer for a heck of a long time, you can get the 6000 plus both modules plus one year's HD programming for the whopping sum of $258.89.

Get off the fence and get the HD!!! There is no cheaper way to get it.

I got the same deal, but could never get a clear answer as what constitutes "exclusive". (of course I did not pry hard when I was informed of this cuz I didn't want to lose the label somehow.
I sub to AT150 from the beginning, which BTW is only just over 2 years (since the 501 came out).
And even though I ended up with this deal it was really due to luck and willingness to keep prying...cuz it was never explained to me that getting 1 year of HD was the reason for getting the 8VSB thrown in.

I find it VERY interesting that also, as an exclusive, that you do NOT need to COMMIT to 1 year of HD to get this deal. Not do you need to sign up for CC autopay. I just bought a year of the package and they will bill me...

this has turned out to be a sweet day.

I have called twice now and both times I qualify for the 149.00 deal but no 8vsb tuner comes with it.That would make it cost me 300.00.I guess I will still wait and pay a little more and get a new uptodate receiver.

MRUSS said:
I have called twice now and both times I qualify for the 149.00 deal but no 8vsb tuner comes with it.That would make it cost me 300.00.I guess I will still wait and pay a little more and get a new uptodate receiver.

I'm wondering if they keys to this deal might not be as follows:
EXCLUSIVES get 6000u (8PSK) for $149...with NO commitment to AT50 or HD-pak required. BUT when you order the HD pak go ahead and pay for a year upfron (even though there is not a commitment). For one you get a free month, and secondly THIS is the point at which getting the 8VSB for free seemed to solidfy.

worth a try, as it seems to have worked for me. But I guess I need to wait until Thursday to see what really shows up

les017 said:
MRUSS said:

I'm wondering if they keys to this deal might not be as follows:
EXCLUSIVES get 6000u (8PSK) for $149...with NO commitment to AT50 or HD-pak required. BUT when you order the HD pak go ahead and pay for a year upfront (even though there is not a commitment). For one you get a free month, and secondly THIS is the point at which getting the 8VSB for free seemed to solidify.

worth a try, as it seems to have worked for me. But I guess I need to wait until Thursday to see what really shows up

That is exactly the way it worked for me.

I ordered the 6000u and they checked on the 8VSB. I was told it was available for $149 and not included in the $149 deal. When I was handed off to the Order Finalization Department, I again quizzed the CSR. She had no information on the 8VSB being included either. I finalized the deal and hung up the phone. 10 minutes later she called me back and said a manager just came on the floor with printouts of the 8VSB tuner module promotion. The terms were:

8VSB for $149
8VSB for $99 with a years commitment to the HD package
8VSB for FREE with a years prepay on the HD package at $109.89

She also added she had to enter my order this afternoon because it wasn't in the computer system yet. This may be why so many 1st level CSRs don't know. My advise it to call this afternoon.

They also told me the 6000s were going like hot cakes.

I just called dish and got that offer. I asked if it includes the 8VSB, she said yes. I repeated the question later and she said yes again. She said that I need to call when the receiver arrives to add the HD package. But she did not ask for any commitment.

From what she was describing, whenever customers call, the computer screen shows what kind of deals they qualify for. She told me that I qualify for many many things, and it took her about five minutes to find the deal I was describing. But, I've been with dish for 7+ years.

I can't get the same offer for $259. I have been with Dish just less than 3 years, and I'm not "exclusive" yet. Just "special". "Exclusive" customers can get the 6000 for $149, but no free 8vsb with HD package prepay.

The 6000 for me is $199, plus $149 for 8vsb.

At least what I was told.

Jeff

I just called to order the 6000. Are you being told this is a refurb unit?

Bob

Are you being told this is a refurb unit?

Yes they said 6000 was refurb, with 90 day warranty I think. But it was $199, plus $149 for 8vsb for me, since I was only a "special" customer, not a "exclusive" customer. But, in any case, I was told the 8vsb module was $149 extra.

My CSR said my 6000 and the modules came with a one year warranty.

Installation was reported to be required and some are finding that to be the case. Mine is being shipped direct to me.

The reason for the install requirement is to curtail the pirates use of these great deals. Obviously I'm not a pirate due to my history with them. Hence it being shipped direct.

It sounds like a great deal for 'exclusive' subscribers. I wonder if those that already took an 'exclusive' deal will be allowed to take this deal as well such as the DVR deal for $149/$199. Doesn't one of these adapters make the 6000 DishPro adaptable? That is what I thought I have heard before. If not then it will cost between $60-$100 for the DishPro adapter in which will not make it as good of a deal after all.

If you are worried about the warranty then you can get the $1.99 warranty which covers all receivers and hardware with the Dish logo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)