Your program guide and dvr are being updated

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tormato

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 17, 2012
Just got my 1H/3J. Install went smooth but my Hopper still says "Your program guide and dvr are being updated..." It's had this message on the screen for over 3 hours and I can't record anything or set timers yet. The installation tech said it would only take 2 hours. Anyone out there encountered this or know how to get the guide downloaded quickly? I haven't unplugged the Hopper yet, afraid I'll screw something up. Thanks.

No errors. My software is S213. Could it be that the Hopper is so far behind the current software version this update will take a while?

That's a definite maybe.

I don't think he should have left with a non-functioning system, without calling or coming back to check on it.

Wow I figured 213 would be long gone by now. Sounds to me like you are having issues with the TPs that have the updates and the guide. Which sats are you pointed at?

I'm not sure how to check which three sats. 61.5 for sure. I just called the installer company and they called Dish to have them send a "hit" to my hopper. Also unplugged for 15 seconds. Green progress bar back up to 95% and hanging there.

YELLOW - 9 - 2 will show you which sats. I'm sure you're most likely on 61.5/72.7/77.

What is your signal strength on 72.7 TP 21? How about 61.5 TP 29?

What are your signal strengths on 72.7 TPs 15, 17, 19, 21? Have you tried watching channels on any even transponders?

How about 61.5 TPs 10, 14, 29, 31?

How about 77 (if applicable) TPs 13, 16, 20, 21?

(You can use YELLOW - YELLOW to check signal strengths for various satellites and transponders.)

What should the signals be at? I had a 722 & 222k before with no issues. Recently I had a new roof installed and they temporarily removed the dish. I had the tech look it over today and he said it was all good.

I unplugged one more time and this time the guide finished downloading! I can finally create timers. I'm still curious what the signal strengths should be. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

I ran the tests again, this time with a little different results. There was a storm moving through the area earlier, but it only rained lightly.
61.5 tp 10=38
tp14=38
tp29=27
tp31=28

72 tp15=45
tp17=50
tp19=46
tp21=50

77 tp13=40
tp16=42
tp20=41
tp21=38

Your signal strengths are too low either from bad aiming or bad LOS. Give Dish a buzz and have them come out and fix it.

Just what I was about to say too....Tech never should have left or not called back. The same symptoms happened with our 2h/1j install...One of the hoppers took forever to download..Ended-up being a bad lnb after a lot of time spent checking wires, swapping-out dual node etc..

GL op..

Seems to be fine despite the low signals. The search function is working now and my timer priorities fixed themselves. I had made a bunch of timers using the iPad app and it kept skipping numbers in the priority chain. (Example: Timer A would be priority 10, the next timer would be priority 12). Now they are all in sequence. Watching live tv or recorded events on the iPad or iPhone is still not quite working but I'll be patient on that.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)