Your top 10 most watched channels?

zeebre12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
new york
No necessarily with Dish. What are your top 10 and/or your households most watched TV channels including cable/satellite, networks and subchannels and what are the main programmes you watch on each?
ABC
Fox
The CW
Ion
USA Network
TV Land
Comedy Central
SPIKE
METV
LAFF

Comet - MST3k
TCN (The Country Network)
PBS- Frontline, Nova, Nature
Fox- Simpsons, Family guy
Heartland TV (not the package, the channel) - old country videos
Retro TV - MST3k
HBO- Westworld
Syfy- Ghost Hunters
ESPN- baseball
Fox Sports MW- baseball

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

BBC....UK not America.....internet vpn .....too much to list

CW.....DC Superhero shows

Hallmark.....Movies

Hallmark Mysteries....Movies

Velocity.....wheeler dealers, bitchin rides, chasing classic cars

Food Network...cutthroat kitchen, the kitchen, a few others occasionally

ABC......agents of shield, dwts, last man standing, the chew, American Baking Show, Big 12 football

NBC......the voice, timeless, NFL, Notre Dame football

Fox....NFL big 12 football, lethal weapon and Lucifer

After that it's a mix of stuff from Netflix, amazon and overseas via internet in addition to stuff from grit, Gettv, ionlife, create, pbs, me tv etc...

Last edited:
Reactions: comfortably_numb
1. ESPN
2. ESPN 2
3. TV LAND
4. Me TV
5. ANTENNA TV
6. Hallmark
7. TBS
8. Decades
9. H & I
10.(Tie) Family Net/ BUZZER

In no particular order:

Heroes & Icons (Avial. OTA only)
COZI TV (watch OTA only; not via FETV)
Decades (Avial. OTA only)
GetTV (watch via Sat; not OTA)
Hallmark
Hallmark Movie Channel
iON
History
American Destination
Science
Special Mention: Big4 broadcasters by mom, but I don't watch them at all.

Ever since the addition of our local OTA's sub-channel offerings, dear old Mom is found on one of those something like 50%+ of the time. They have the old shows she just loves. It is making me question my subscription level. I already downgraded, but now I feel that if we ever had to cut the cord mom would be happy with OTA sub-channels and other programming to her liking on Netflix such as the old TV shows there, too. I'm the one who would miss History and Science and AHC and even kooky American Destination. Also Smithsonian has a few good ones two along with "Adam" on TrueTV. As it is I have not downgraded further ONLY because of TWO channels that I and no one else watches. Hmm. down the line I might downgrade further for the loss of just 2 channels, but I'll wait and see.

BTW, History is becoming less and less about HISTORY with each of these stupid reality shows. I have been tuning in less and less and tuning more into the rotten SD PQ of AHC for its historical programming. I don't give a &%)^ about Alone and those idiots Selected to endure military training and even Pawn Stars is less about the "antique." Even Ancient Aliens is more in line with "History" than the shows I've mentioned above. One can learn about ancient cultures and mythology and lost biblical texts and ancient traditions from one episode of Ancient Aliens, and often from legitimate scholars--of course Giorgio and Company bring in the Ancient Alien twist at the end of thoughts--but right up before that was legitimate HISTORY. That is pretty sad when Ancient Aliens has more historical content than almost any other regularly scheduled TV show on HISTORY.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
In no particular order.
This is Top 10 in the House.
Velocity
Travel
Hallmark
Nickelodeon
FreeForm
LIFETIME
History
HGTV
HBO
SHOWTIME

But to add to what we also watch ,

ABC,NBC,CBS,FOX,Epix,Pixl,NFL,MLB,HD Net Movies, Smithsonian,Disney ,Discovery ,Netflix , (YES, SNY,COMCAST Philly on cable)
Rarely much else.

And I have to many programs to bother listing under each channel.

FOX
CBS
NBC
ABC
The CW
114 E!
111 DIY Network
112 HGTV
118 A&E
128 WE
129 Bravo
140 ESPN
150 FoxS1
182 Discovery
183 TLC
300 HBO-E
318 SHO-E
367 Smithsonian Channel
395 Sportsman Channel

NBC - SVU, Chicago Fire, PD and Med, Blindspot
FOX - Gotham, Lethal Weapon
CBS - Scorpion, NCIS New Orleans, Big Bang, Pure Genius
ESPN - Anything
NHL Center Ice - CAPS!
Disney XD - Star Wars Rebels
Science Channel - Outrageous Acts of Science, etc.
HBO - Series, Movies
AMC - Movies, Series
SiriusXM - Classic Rewind

Here I would say that our top 10 is:
CBS
ABC
NBC
Fox
PBS
The CW
Netflix
Spike
TV Land
Comedy Central

As you can see, we're watching our local channels the most, by far, so if I turned off my Dish feed, I certainly could survive using just the OTA tuner, but I would definitely miss my DVR and the multiple tuners. Even though we have lots of OTA sub-channels, such as Decades, Laff, ME-TV, Cozi, etc. we seldom watch any of them.

In order:

CBS
ABC
NBCSN
Netflix
FX
ESPN
ESPN2
FS1
HBO Now
TNT
TBS
FSMW
MLB.TV streaming
NHLTV streaming
NBA Full Court streaming

Here I would say that our top 10 is:
CBS
ABC
NBC
Fox
PBS
The CW
Netflix
Spike
TV Land
Comedy Central

As you can see, we're watching our local channels the most, by far, so if I turned off my Dish feed, I certainly could survive using just the OTA tuner, but I would definitely miss my DVR and the multiple tuners. Even though we have lots of OTA sub-channels, such as Decades, Laff, ME-TV, Cozi, etc. we seldom watch any of them.

TiVo Roamio OTA solves your dvr problem. 4 tuners Netflix Amazon and Hulu etc built in.

Reactions: Troch77 and dfergie
TiVo Roamio OTA solves your dvr problem. 4 tuners Netflix Amazon and Hulu etc built in.
Since getting mine, my viewing habits have changed ...
NBC - SVU, Chicago Fire, PD, Med, SNL, Today (Voice, AGT in season)Nightly News, NFL
CBS - Big Bang, Code Black, Pure Genius, Great Indoors (Survivor in season)CBS Sunday Morning, NFL
Fox - Lethal Weapon, The Mick, Lucifer, Rosewood, NFL
HBO
SHO
Starz
Smithsonian
Hulu
Amazon
You Tube
Honorable Mention Comet, GetTV, H&I
Thinking of cutting cord from Dish, keeping DIRECTV ...

If one streaming service had MLB Network, NHL Network and NBA TV, as well as a DVR, I'd drop cable, buy a Roamio and make that the way to go. But no streaming service has all those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)