Zack Snyder will direct a 'Justice League' movie to follow 'Batman vs. Superman'

'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' trailer officially debuts after leak.......After a bootleg version leaked late Thursday, Warner Bros. officially releases a dark and gritty trailer for next year's 'Batman v Superman.' http://www.cnet.com/news/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-trailer-leaks-early/ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Official Teaser Trailer [HD]...Zack Snyder's BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in theaters March 25, 2016.
The official trailer is live; check it out above in all its glory!Though originally slated for release next week during special IMAX-only screenings , leaks prompted Warner Bros. to release the new "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" trailer online.The trailer picks up at what appears to be directly after the revelation of Superman and he's unveiling to the world. Voiceovers overlap, fearful. "Is it really surprising, that the most powerful man in the world, should be a figure of controversy?" asks the first voice."We are talking about a being whose very existence challenges our sense of priority in the universe," states another.Holly Hunter's character -- who we don't see in the trailer and we still don't know the name of (though some speculation says she'll take up the mantle of Batman-confidante Leslie Thompkins) -- chimes in with "Power corrupts. And absolute power corrupts absolutely....The world has been so caught up with what he can do, that no one has asked what he should do."Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor voices a stronger opinion on the Man of Steel: "The devils don't come from hell beneath us; no, they come from the sky."And then, the one thing we have all waited so long to see: our first look at a silently raging Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne. Staring down his mask and cape, and then, armored-up as he looks up at Superman."Tell me," Batman growls, "do you bleed?"You will."And none of that even comes close to the gravitas of Jeremy Irons' voiceover as Alfred. "That's how it starts -- the fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness. It turns good men cruel."But what about that Amazonian woman who's supposed to be in this film? Yeah, so where's Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman in this trailer?!? Remember how we've seen some great stills of her already, and this is supposed to be her debut before her own movie ?? Hopefully she's being kept under wraps until we get closer to opening weekend, and not because her role is cameo status.TL;DR for those with no previous knowledge of the heroes past: Superman is a pariah; Batman is dark and broody; Alfred's still a badass.Director Zach Snyder has taken to Twitter to declare that even though the trailer has been released, those attending the IMAX screenings can expect more from the event. (Plus SWAG!) ZackSnyder ?
@ZackSnyder
Follow
Cell Phone v IMAX. IMAX Event BvS fans will still be first & only to see special IMAX BvS teaser #AFewExtraShotsPlusALittleSwag #NotPirated
5:47 PM - 17 Apr 2015

Best look yet at Wonder Woman's 'Batman v Superman' costume colors, thanks to the NBA https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/best-look-yet-wonder-womans-222000446.html
Did you know DeAndre Jordan of the Los Angeles Clippers is a HUGE Batman fan? And did you know that famous athletes sometimes get early access to things like movie props such as the brand-new Batmobile? Because they absolutely do. Lucky for fans of Wonder Woman, Jordan also brought along a camera crew from Bleacher Report.If you don't have time to watch the whole video, Diana's costume puts in an brief appearance (along with Superman's new duds) at the 1:10 mark.

Henry Cavill says Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is not a sequel to Man of Steel http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/...-justice-is-not-a-sequel-to-man-of-steel.html
There has been a lot of backlash from fans of the Last Son of Krypton that The Dark Knight is hijacking his sequel in order to make room for the build to the Justice League. However, Henry Cavill has spoken out against this idea, and says that Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is not a sequel to Man of Steel.“I’ve only seen a little bit of ADR stuff, but that’s it, and that wasn’t even in colour,” he told MTV News. “I’m hoping to see it [the whole movie] some time this year, for a friends and family screening or something. But I really know nothing about what the finished product looks like. I wouldn’t call this a Superman sequel. This is Batman versus Superman, so it’s a separate entity altogether. It’s introducing the Batman character, and expanding upon this universe, which was kicked off by Man of Steel. It’s an introduction to the [Batman] character, and ultimately an introduction to Justice League.”

Adding actual color to Man of Steel? It sounds just crazy enough to work https://games.yahoo.com/news/adding-actual-color-man-steel-140002694.html
DC's films tend to be a bit darker than their competition, and Zack Snyder's Man of Steel film is no exception. Superman wasn't a bright figure in a vibrant world, striving to do good, he was a gray figure in a mostly drab existence. This video, featuring some rough color-correction, shows what the film would have looked like if color had been allowed to shine through the drab presentation."The results we achieved are obviously a bit oversaturated and contain contrast artifacts. Since our source footage already contained severe color-grading decisions, it was far from optimal and, at best, this is an approximation," the video's text reads. "If the raw footage had been colored in a more natural and pleasing manner, it would actually look SIGNIFICANTLY better than what you see here."Here's a neat detail; the film may have originally been much brighter. "The orange-tinted sky in the Metropolis aftermath shots and the purple girders behind Zod were actually there naturally. We believe Man of Steel had a more traditional-looking color grade until later in post-production when they decided to go darker. They should have followed their first instinct," VideoLab wrote.So what do you think? You can watch the Batman v Superman trailer below to see the color palette of that films as well, or at least an idea of what it might be.

This Is The First Video Of The Batman v Superman Batmobile https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/first-video-batman-v-superman-batmobile-174800894.html Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice B-Roll - Batmobile (2016) Ben Affleck Superhero Movie HD...."Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" B-Roll - Batmobile (2016) Ben Affleck Superhero Movie HD......
Here it is folks: the official, actual Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Batmobile.In dramatic counterpoint to its detailed construction and menacing appearance, the footage is simple B-roll, silent and motionless. All we get are a series of close-ups and a wide-angle shot or two.But somehow the Batmobile still manages to project speed, danger, technical sophistication, and the right mix of utility-meets-moral-superiority necessary for the Dark Knight’s primary steed.This is, of course, far from the first glimpse we’ve had of the new Batmobile. It’s just the most detailed, official look yet. Photos of the car in construction leaked last May, spy shots emerged in September, and official images were released later that same month.The next stop would be seeing the Batmobile in action, complete with engine roaring, weapons blazing, and, presumably, computers enabling some Batman-worthy extra features.We may be treated to that spectacle in promotional videos for the movie, but otherwise, we’ll have to wait until the official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice release date of March 25, 2016.
batmobile-for-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice_100509088_m.jpg

What All Batman And Superman Fights Boil Down To, According To Henry Cavill http://www.cinemablend.com/new/What...s-Boil-Down-According-Henry-Cavill-71079.html
Henry_Cavill_71079.jpg
In a fight between Batman and Superman, who would emerge the victor? The comic books, animated series and animated movies have attempted to answer this question in various ways, with both characters winning in various circumstances. When asked his opinion on who would win, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice star Henry Cavill said that it really just depends on Superman’s mood. In fact, all fights between the Caped Crusader and the Man of Steel boil down to "what frame of mind Superman's in," Cavill told JoBlo while out promoting The Man From U.N.C.L.E. at CinemaCon in Las Vegas. While Cavill wouldn’t go on to further clarify what he meant by this, it might be fair to say that Superman’s biggest enemy is himself. As an indestructible being by human standards with kryptonite as his only physical weakness, Kal-El is at usually at his lowest when he’s mentally deteriorating. Bruce Wayne, as we’ve come to embrace over the years, is a mastermind who’s more often than not one step ahead of everyone else. In a battle of minds, there’s no doubt Batman would emerge victorious.In terms of the scenario in the Batman v Superman movie, there are a number of factors that we already know are working against Superman. One is public perception. In the days following the events of Man of Steel, Superman has acquired a fair number of critics, the most notable one being Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg). As we hear in the Batman v Superman teaser trailer, he’s lodging a war against him in the media, and folks like Holly Hunter and those who spray painted "False God" on the Superman statue are rallying behind this public opinion. This will presumably be weighing heavily on Kal-El’s mind. On top of that, there’s Batman’s new power suit to worry about. Though he’s no physical match to the Kryptonian strongman, we see him wearing special Frank Millar-esque armor, which is reportedly covered in kryptonite and capable of firing missiles.
_1429906905.gif

If there was ever a time when Superman needed his wits about him — or rather, to be in the right frame of mind — it would be for this battle. The battle begins when Batman v Superman debuts in theaters less than a year from now on March 25, 2016. I suppose it could be anyone’s game, so we’ll have to see if Kal-El is in the right mood.

Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill In 'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice' Trailer Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Jason Momoa, Gal Gadot, Diane Lane, Jeremy Irons, Laurence Fishburne, Jesse Eisenberg and Holly Hunter star in the new and much anticipated 'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice'. This is the firs trailer in HD. Film courtesy Warner Bros.

This is the clearest look at Ben Affleck's Batman yet http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/30/8520679/ben-affleck-batman-poster
The more we see Ben Affleck's Batman, the more menacing and completely void of joy he looks. We've caught glimpses of him in previous teaser photos and the trailer for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but this is probably the best, most straight-on look at Affleck as the Caped Crusader yet. It's basically an unmodified version of the heavily stylized posters that were tweeted by director Zack Snyder last week.This Batman poster hasn't yet been released through official channels, but according to Polygon it's been floating around various forums and looks to be genuine enough. Affleck's got some legitimate chin stubble going on, a look that previous actors who donned the batsuit never explored. But it's a perfect match for the bleak, hopeless atmosphere showcased in the film's first trailer. You can click here for an ultra high-res version, if that's your thing.

'Batman vs. Superman: Dawn Of Justice': First Look At Batwing, Two Different Batsuits And Wonder Woman Wearing A Cape http://au.ibtimes.com/batman-vs-sup...-different-batsuits-wonder-woman-wearing-cape
New promo art showing the Batwing, two Batsuits and Wonder Woman wearing a cape in “Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice” have surfaced online. The report also confirms that the trailer of the upcoming movie featured the Caped Crusader’s plane. [Spoiler alert]Umberto Gonzalez has been leaking information and images of popular superhero movies. This image, posted on his Instagram account, shows the Batwing in “Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of justice.” The image is accompanied by a quote from one of the previous “Batman” movies in which Christian Bale played the role of the protagonist.

'Batman V Superman' Teaser, 'Star Wars' Trailer Both Play Great In Theaters http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...aters/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix
I made the choice on Friday afternoon pay full price for an IMAX movie ticket and only stay for the trailers. Now to be fair, I probably would have stayed for a second showing of Avengers: Age of Ultron had the stars aligned accordingly, but my daughter was out of school yesterday and I promised to take her swimming when she got back from lunch with the grandparents. As someone who rants about the so-called purity of seeing movie trailers in movie theaters, I thought I owed it to myself, as well as my readers (the ones who care) to actually put my money and my time where my mouth is. The run-up to the overseas release of Avengers: Age of Ultron was of course filled with what seemed like a daily deluge of high-profile blockbuster trailers, with the additional hand-wringing over when they would drop online and if they did or did not get leaked online in a blurry cell phone version first. But since most of these trailers were being held for said Avengers 2 debut, today would be the first chance to see these trailers in actual movie theaters. So off I went to a 12:30pm screening of Avengers: Age of Ultron at my local Regal IMAX theater, which in turn gave me the opportunity to sample that specific IMAX theater for the first time since I moved out to Moorpark. Consider this an opportunity to mix business with pleasure.

Doomsday Will be A Major Villain In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Doomsday-Major-Villain-Batman-V-Superman-Dawn-Justice-71493.html
When the titular characters of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice aren’t trying to make each other bleed, they’ll be dealing with the movie’s true villain Lex Luthor. However, while Luthor is not lacking in intellect, physically he’s not a threat unless he’s wearing that green and purple exosuit. Fortunately, Superman (and possibly Batman) will likely have someone to match brawn with, as it’s being reported that the 2016 blockbuster’s other major villain will one of DC Comics’ top-killing machines: Doomsday.Superhero news scooper Umberto Gonzalez, a.k.a. El Mayimbe, dropped by the most recent episode of the Shanlian On Batman podcast to make it "official" that Doomsday will be appearing in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. Gonzalez compared the super villains’s role in the film to what Darth Vader served as in Star Wars. The Dark Lord of the Sith was the muscle to Grand Moff Tarkin, who Mayimbe considers to be the main villain since he was the brains behind the Death Star. Similarly, Doomsday will be Dawn of Justice’s muscle, while Lex Luthor will serve as the film’s main villain, which we’ve already known about for awhile.

Rumored Villain Suggests Superman Might Die In 'Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice' http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...rman_n_7301528.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
New reports suggest Ben Affleck might be the least of Superman's worries in "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice." Total shocker, right?Journalist Umberto Gonzalez said recently on the Shanlian on Batman podcast that villain Doomsday will be appearing in the new movie, also posting an Instagram photo about the news:So what's the big deal? Other than the fact that Doomsday is the ultimate killing machine, the character plays a big role in the "Death of Superman" storyline in the comics. That's right: Doomsday actually kills Superman.Rumors of the supervillain's appearance have been going around since at least last year, so Gonzalez's announcement is definitely a good reason for fans to get excited. Warner Bros. has yet to confirm the news, however, and declined to comment.Though the character has a huge role in Superman's demise, fans should keep in mind that an appearance doesn't automatically mean Superman is going to die. Doomsday has also appeared in the Superman TV show "Smallville," and Clark Kent makes it out OK from that encounter. Plus, "Justice League: Part One" is set to be released in 2017, so it probably wouldn't make sense to kill Superman now.... Or would it?

'Batman V Superman' Gets Some Surprisingly 'Big Fat' Competition http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...ition/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix
Remember that essay I wrote two weeks ago about the long list of would-be smaller films opening on the same day as would-be giant movies? The crux of the piece, or at least the excuse for the hit-bait headline, was that Beverly Hills Cop IV was moving out of the March 25th, 2016 slot and thus leaving Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice unopposed. Well, Universal/Comcast Corp. has just announced that they are releasing My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 on March 25th, 2016. That’s right, the sequel to what is arguably the leggiest movie of all time is opening head-to-head with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. I could make a joke about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice fleeing its release date once again, but that would be mean. Point being, this is a classic example of the kind of David vs. Goliath counter-programming I was talking about two weeks ago. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice did not have to open unopposed, and now it won’t. The Warner Bros./Time Warner Inc. blockbuster will face off to a sequel to a movie whose theatrical run is relatively unprecedented in modern box office history.

Superman's Dark Past http://news.yahoo.com/supermans-dark-past-120000216.html
Since the official teaser trailer for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice debuted online in April, fans and critics alike have been discussing the kind of Superman Zack Snyder is going to depict in his Man of Steel sequel. The controversy stems from Snyder’s decision to cast Superman as a brooding, Dark Knight-like character, who cares more about beating up bad guys than saving people. The casting split has proved divisive among Superman fans: Some love the new incarnation, citing him as an edgier, more realistic version of the character.But Snyder’s is a different Superman than the one fans grew up with, and many have no problem expressing their outrage over it. Even Mark Waid, the author of Superman: Birthright (one of the comics the original film is based on), voiced his concern about Man of Steel’s turn toward bleakness when it came out in 2013:With the exception of the first-flight beat—the smile Superman gets when he first takes to the air—it’s utterly joyless. From start to finish. Utterly. Joyless. And I just have no interest in relentless joyless from a guy who can fly.But what many fans don’t realize is that Superman hasn’t always been the Big, Blue Boy Scout they’ve come to know and love. In fact, in the very early stages of the character’s development, he wasn’t a hero at all, but a villain. And even after Superman became an enforcer of good in his earlier years, his brand of justice was as gray, morally speaking, as the color palette Snyder’s films embrace. In other words, the newest incarnation of Superman isn’t so much a betrayal of the character’s origins as it is a perhaps unwitting return to them.

'Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice' Promo Art Shows Wonder Woman; Chris Pine May Join Cast http://www.ibtimes.com/batman-v-sup...wonder-woman-chris-pine-may-join-cast-1941242
Promotional art from the forthcoming movie “Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice” has surfaced online. It shows Wonder Woman holding a sword and a shield. Another post says “Star Trek” actor Chris Pine is in talks to play comic book character Steve Trevor, the primary love interest of Wonder Woman.Gal Gadot will play the female superhero in the upcoming Zack Snyder-directed movie. This promo picture of the character has been posted online by Umberto Gonzalez on his Instagram account. The official look of the actress was previously shared by the director in this picture posted on his Twitter account.The character will also be getting a solo movie that is set to be released in 2017. According to a report by the Wrap, Pine is close to signing a deal to appear as the love interest, though whether his name will be Steve Trevor has not been confirmed. Also, the actor might not appear until the 2017 "Wonder Woman" movie being directed by Patty Jenkins.

How Batman Will Take Down Superman In Dawn Of Justice http://www.cinemablend.com/new/How-Batman-Take-Down-Superman-Dawn-Justice-71824.html
Warning: the rest of this article may contain potential spoilers for Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. So if you don’t want to hear the details, please click away to another one of our wonderful articles.We know it’s going to take more than badass fighting skills and a couple of Batarangs for Batman to go toe-to-toe with Superman in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. Thats why, as we’ve seen from various images and the teaser trailer, Gotham City’s Dark Knight will be wearing heavy-duty, Dark Knight Returns-style armor while combating the Kryptonian. However, that might not be the only weapon in Bruce Wayne’s arsenal against Kal-El in the 2016 blockbuster.

'Batman vs. Superman' Movie: Bruce Wayne's Secret Weapon To Take Down Man Of Steel Revealed? http://www.idigitaltimes.com/batman...et-weapon-take-down-man-steel-revealed-447248
Batman’s secret weapon to take down Superman in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice may have leaked online.[WARNING: POTENTIAL MOVIE SPOILERS AHEAD]Heroic Hollywood reports Batman has created a “Kryptonite-laced spear” to add to his arsenal against Superman. How Batman gets his hands on Kryptonite is unknown, but if rumors about Bruce Wayne working for Lex Luthor are true, then his supplier could be Superman’s arch nemesis.The reason why Batman and Superman are at odds is unclear, but Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Returns was the source of inspiration for the film. Badass Digest reported back in March about the released of a rumored plot description for the Batman vs. Superman movie. The description explained many fear Superman because he has no direct links to any organization.“In Batman v Superman, Superman is no lackey of the government; if anything many of the world's governments distrust the guy," Badass Digest wrote. "But it is Superman who goes to Gotham and starts the confrontation... at the behest of Lex Luthor. And unlike The Dark Knight Returns, Superman comes out swinging, pulverizing the Batmobile with one punch.“Why would Superman do Lex Luthor's bidding? What is Lex hoping to accomplish? That would be spoiling. But know that when the fight is over, Batman will be able to point to Superman and say, ‘He started it!’”

New ‘Batman V Superman’ Photo Shows a Battered Batmobile http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-batmobile-photo/
By now we’ve seen the latest incarnation of the Batmobile teased and then brazenly shown off in pictures on Zack Snyder’s Twitter feed, but today we’ve been graced with another official picture of Batman’s main method of conveyance (looking a little bit battle-scarred) in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice.The photo features Brad Globe and Karen McTier, the president and executive vice-president (respectively) of Warner Bros’ consumer products, and is included in an article laying out the merchandising opportunities presented by the coming barrage of DC properties to both the big and small screens. They stand astride the Batman’s ride as if to assure us that this will be one of the awesome crown jewels at the center of the marketing blitz that will surround the expansion of the DC universe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)