Zenith PDP

classic cartoon fan

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2006
Preble County, Ohio
I have a Zenith 2004 PDP 42" model # P42W46X. For a little while now there has been lines going from bottom to top on the right hand side of the TV. It has been gradually getting worse over time. The warranty is long expired.
I've done everything right to it, including handling it right, hooking it up through a power bar and stuff like that.
I called Zenith and they just gave me local numbers to repair people. Shouldn't they offer more than that. I'm :mad: that I fork over a good amount of money and thats all they offer. They said I would have to pay for the repairs. What garbage.
I would like to get more out of them than that, even though its an older TV. I also got this TV from Best Buy, I'm not even going to bother with them.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Remember that you're dealing with a Korean company that is designing products to last an average of no more than seven years.

The other side of your conundrum is that you might have been offered an extended warranty that would have covered this problem and you opted out.

Consumer Electronics gear of today isn't like that of old. Leasing is becoming more attractive with every passing model year.

I realize that this isn't going to save you any money or fix your TV, but I figured you could use some perspective of the current marketplace.

I have a Zenith 2004 PDP 42" model # P42W46X. For a little while now there has been lines going from bottom to top on the right hand side of the TV. It has been gradually getting worse over time. The warranty is long expired.
I've done everything right to it, including handling it right, hooking it up through a power bar and stuff like that.
I called Zenith and they just gave me local numbers to repair people. Shouldn't they offer more than that. I'm :mad: that I fork over a good amount of money and thats all they offer. They said I would have to pay for the repairs. What garbage.
I would like to get more out of them than that, even though its an older TV. I also got this TV from Best Buy, I'm not even going to bother with them.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

So, your TV is out of warranty and your angry that you will have to pay for repairs? What, exactley do you expect Zenith to do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)