2 tivos in one room.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

barth2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 14, 2004
I just got an hdtivo. I still have a SD standalone tivo, which I still need to use b/c I have a bunch of stuff recorded on it. They're hooked up to the same tv. Problem is, BOTH tivos respond to EITHER remote -- chaos ensues. the standalone tivo has a DVR 1 2 switch. I've tried putting it on 2 but it seems to have no effect. how do I get around this? I really don't want to have to move the sd tivo my itty bitty 13" tv. thanks.

rad

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
barth2k said:
I just got an hdtivo. I still have a SD standalone tivo, which I still need to use b/c I have a bunch of stuff recorded on it. They're hooked up to the same tv. Problem is, BOTH tivos respond to EITHER remote -- chaos ensues. the standalone tivo has a DVR 1 2 switch. I've tried putting it on 2 but it seems to have no effect. how do I get around this? I really don't want to have to move the sd tivo my itty bitty 13" tv. thanks.

Look in the maunal, there's a way to set a different remote ID for each D* Tivo. I have two SD-DVR40's and a HR10-250 all located in the same spot and no problems with the ID's set up properly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)