2009 NFL Draft Countdown

He pretty much gave him the cold shoulder at the press conference too. Did you see the tap on the arm as he was fastly walking by him?

3) He supposedly spoke with Matt Leinart, and financially speaking one would assume Leinart was less than enthusiastic in the hindsight of his decision to return, and the projected subsequent $30 million it might have cost him.

Here's why I think he made a bad decision.

He could go to Detroit OR the Rams. Is $30 million worth it to ride the bench on a woefully pathetic team?

Ok, I finally got to watch the whole Pete Carroll/ Mark Sanchez press conference.

And I must say, I have a VERY strong opinion about it......

First off, Screw Pete Carroll! I just lost all of my respect for someone who I valued pretty highly in the college coaching world. Not any more. You NEVER throw your kids under the bus the way he did. What a jerk-off! I realize Pete's entitled to his opinion as we all are, but to verbally bash a former student/player is just wrong. In addition, by Pete publicly criticizing Sanchez he just cost him money in his future profession. After all, if your college coach doesn't think you're ready for the NFL, why would an NFL front office want to pay you like you are?

IMO, Sanchez made the right decision. Here's why....

1) Two blue-chip underclass QB's (McCoy, Bradford) are returning to school next year. This means less competition in the draft.

2) There are some draft guru's who have projected Sanchez either the #1 or #2 available QB in this years draft class.

3) He supposedly spoke with Matt Leinart, and financially speaking one would assume Leinart was less than enthusiastic in the hindsight of his decision to return, and the projected subsequent $30 million it might have cost him.

Personally, I'm just shocked that no one in the media is questioning Carroll and his royally snotty treatment of Mark Sanchez.

Ding, ding, ding! we gotta winner! As I said in another post, Cassel didn't even start a game since high school. He's looking at a 8 figure payoff this off-season. Maybe experience isn't that important in this day and age. Flacco and Ryan seemed to do all right this year.

He pretty much gave him the cold shoulder at the press conference too. Did you see the tap on the arm as he was fastly walking by him?

This one?

surly-pete.jpg

When Carroll left the presser, he didn’t even slow down as he passed Sanchez with only a quick “Good luck” and a tap of the shoulder (photo above). THAT was a jerk move.

This one?

surly-pete.jpg

When Carroll left the presser, he didn’t even slow down as he passed Sanchez with only a quick “Good luck” and a tap of the shoulder (photo above). THAT was a jerk move.

Yep, that's the one.

Ok, I finally got to watch the whole Pete Carroll/ Mark Sanchez press conference.

And I must say, I have a VERY strong opinion about it......

First off, Screw Pete Carroll! I just lost all of my respect for someone who I valued pretty highly in the college coaching world. Not any more. You NEVER throw your kids under the bus the way he did. What a jerk-off! I realize Pete's entitled to his opinion as we all are, but to verbally bash a former student/player is just wrong. In addition, by Pete publicly criticizing Sanchez he just cost him money in his future profession. After all, if your college coach doesn't think you're ready for the NFL, why would an NFL front office want to pay you like you are?

IMO, Sanchez made the right decision. Here's why....

1) Two blue-chip underclass QB's (McCoy, Bradford) are returning to school next year. This means less competition in the draft.

2) There are some draft guru's who have projected Sanchez either the #1 or #2 available QB in this years draft class.

Personally, I'm just shocked that no one in the media is questioning Carroll and his royally snotty treatment of Mark Sanchez.

I think there is a lot more going on between the two than is available to us ... that happens with others too.
IF I were Sanchez I would have stayed in school.
Do you REALLY think a guy that has what a year and a half starts in his college career is ready for the NFL.

I see him to be another Ryan Leaf, maybe not that bad, but far from a star.

One prominent Florida player is going, another is staying with the BCS champion Gators.

Junior wide receiver Percy Harvin announced Thursday that he will enter the NFL draft, while All-American linebacker Brandon Spikes said he will return for his senior season.

Brandon Spikes to return to Florida Gators - ESPN

Spikes is coming back? Holy crap, that FLA D will be brutal next year.. Most of the entire defense is coming back including the general himself Mr. Spikes.

Harvin leaving sucks but we did ok without him against Alabama. plus he was out for a few games with his injuries and sickness.

I think there is a lot more going on between the two than is available to us ... that happens with others too.
IF I were Sanchez I would have stayed in school.
Do you REALLY think a guy that has what a year and a half starts in his college career is ready for the NFL.

I see him to be another Ryan Leaf, maybe not that bad, but far from a star.

30$ million dollars...

In addition to losing one of the largest and most accomplished senior classes in team history, Ohio State will bid farewell to three juniors and welcome back another for the 2009 season.

Junior cornerback Donald Washington announced Thursday that he will forgo his senior season and enter the NFL draft. Washington becomes the third Buckeyes underclassman to declare for the draft, joining wide receiver Brian Hartline, who announced his decision Wednesday, and running back Chris "Beanie" Wells.

The only thing they accomplished was beating MICHIGAN. I'm sure you are aware of your trouncing's in the recent BCS championships.:p

Here's why I think he made a bad decision.

He could go to Detroit OR the Rams. Is $30 million worth it to ride the bench on a woefully pathetic team?

Yes. :) :)

I don't fault *any* college player coming out early. I think the ones who stay and potentially leave money on the table are crazy.

Yes. :) :)

I don't fault *any* college player coming out early. I think the ones who stay and potentially leave money on the table are crazy.
To me, it depends on where a player is projected to be picked. If he's a consensus first round pick then I agree. If not, it's probably worth it in the long run financially for him to stay one more year.

The World Famous Draft Guru himself, Mel Kiper Jr. has announced his 2009 Mock Draft...

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3850049"]Mel Kiper: 2009 NFL mock draft - ESPN[/ame]

The World Famous Draft Guru himself, Mel Kiper Jr. has announced his 2009 Mock Draft...

Mel Kiper: 2009 NFL mock draft - ESPN

Oh Please....that guy is even MORE of a cartoon than Dickie Vital...!! I can draft better than he can! That guy is the biggest joke in the world and I bet the ONLY reason ESPN keep him around is because people tune in to see how much of ass he makes himself on tv. It's like KNOWING a disaster is coming on the freeway and you park you car on the side of road to watch.

Oh Please....that guy is even MORE of a cartoon than Dickie Vital...!! I can draft better than he can! That guy is the biggest joke in the world and I bet the ONLY reason ESPN keep him around is because people tune in to see how much of ass he makes himself on tv. It's like KNOWING a disaster is coming on the freeway and you park you car on the side of road to watch.

I think ESPN likes his hair.:D

Random thoughts at the start of May

Something special for Yankee Fans

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)