2010 NBA Playoffs

Well without Perkins the Lakers will dominate rebounding and insult them them in game 7.
This is pretty much a crappy situation for the Celtics.
Pierce needs to be the first player to drive the team, when Pierce does well the Celtics win...tonight Pierce did not play like he did on game 5.
All odds are against the Celtics now.

I was dozing off last night during the game, but can anyone back me up on this statistic I heard from Jeff Van Gundy....

He basically said that the game of basketball can be dissected and analyzed to death, but quite simply, the team that gets more rebounds through a course of a series always wins the NBA Championship.

I'd love to see a historical analysis of this. Sabres, you're out of school for the summer, right? How about a new homework assignment? :)

In the age of "star power", high flying dunks, 3-point-assassins, etc., if what I'm hearing is correct, in the end, the basketball all comes down to the most basic of fundamentals: "boxing out".

OK, some news and notes as we get ready for game seven...two of the most magical words in sports.

1. Anyone notice the audio dropping out when you get the feeling there may be some cursing on the floor? Somebody somewhere is pushing a button. Do you think they're on a delay, or are they just anticipating?

2. Wow, that 'You have to have' statement that made it sound like a walkover for the Eastern Conference sounds even sillier now than it did yesterday! Typical getting wrapped up in one result, forgetting that the next game always starts out 0-0. ;)

3. What the heck, Farmar is going off in the second period, hitting threes, diving on the floor, dunking past Garnett on a fast break...and Phil Jackson takes him out? And when Fisher gets into foul trouble, instead of bringing Farmar back in he brings in Vujovic...who promptly hits a couple of threes himself! I guess that's why he's Phil Jackson and I'm a Jersey Girl triathlete. :D

4. How about Jackson's comments in the huddle toward the end of Game 5? Something like 'This franchise (the Celtics) has blown more late game leads than any team in basketball, and they're trying to do it again'. Funny stuff. You would have thought that would annoy the Celtics enough for them to come out flying in Game 6...but they didn't.

5. Wow, Shannon Brown! Electrifying sometimes...and really bad sometimes too. But the electrifying stuff is REALLY fun to watch!

6. Kobe could be up to five rings tomorrow. Can he pass Jordan? I would never, ever bet against him. He has the steely heart of an assassin. But why was he in the game in the fourth with a 25-point lead?

7. Pau Gasol. Not playing Phoenix anymore...and it doesn't matter! ;)

8. I STILL say you cannot compare the NCAA tournament to this kind of drama. Game seven. Two historic franchises, with lots of both past and recent history between them. Two very proud teams. Two outstanding coaches. Kobe Bryant. Kevin Garnett. Pau Gasol. Paul Pierce. Which Ray Allen will show up? Will Big Baby be dominant or a non-factor? Will Lamar Odom contribute or disappear?

9. Speaking of Lamar Odom...did anyone know Kim Kardashian was dating Christiano Ronaldo of Real Madrid and Portugal? Not me! Did the NCAA strip Reggie Bush of Kim Kardashian too? :eek:

10. This game is not to be misssed.

Sandra

1. Anyone notice the audio dropping out when you get the feeling there may be some cursing on the floor? Somebody somewhere is pushing a button. Do you think they're on a delay, or are they just anticipating?

I have also noticed this, I think it is better than a high pitched beep.... However they miss sometime and you can hear foul language in the background.

I have also noticed this, I think it is better than a high pitched beep.... However they miss sometime and you can hear foul language in the background.

good thing this does not happen watching the raw ESPN feed on G28 Cband where you hear everything said :D

This will be only the fifth NBA Finals to go 7 games in the last 30 years.

The others- 1984, 1988, 1994, 2005.

So, you're saying this is the FIRST Game 7 in an NBA Final for Kobe Bryant? I don't think Jordan ever played in a Game 7 NBA Final either. This could be a way to separate himself among the playoff greats.

While I am rooting for the Eastern conference and Boston to win, I just can't bet against Kobe and his killer instinct in a game of such magnitude.

Bill Russellwas something like 21-0 or 22-0 in games in which the winner advances and the loser is eliminated. He won every game in both NCAA tournaments he was in and every game in the Olympics, and his Celtics won every game five in the best of five and every game seven in the best of seven series that he played in.

Rooting for Boston, Lakers just feel like a successful brand, not a team. When I visited Boston last year you could feel the city's support for their teams in the air and see it on every corner and in the face of everyone I talked to, it was pretty awesome.

Kobe shot poorly, they trailed by 13 in the fourth quarter- and still won.

Props to the Lake Show- they won the type of game that usually doesb't favor them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts