2010 NCAA Football Season

So what do yall think? Undefeated Boise and TCU get in over a one loss major conference champ (Bama, Ohio State, Ect)?
Would it be both of them in the NC game? One in, one out? Both left out?

Interesting.....

...and just plain crazy. So all you need to do is play in a weak-a$$ conference, spinkle in a couple of top 25 team....of course playing NONE OF THEM at their stadium....and you are just about assured being in the top 3 for the BCS....?!!:rant::rolleyes::eek:

Edwards explained that although the Buckeyes are No. 1 in the two polls the BCS uses -- the Harris and the USA Today coaches' poll -- they're deemed 10th-best by the BCS computer rankings, due in part to the Buckeyes' strength of schedule to date compared to the other unbeaten teams. The computers do not take margin of victory into consideration.

Boise State rated higher because the Broncos are third in the Harris and USA Today polls and second in the BCS computer ranking, Edwards said. But he also noted Boise State has already played the toughest part of its schedule, while Ohio State and the other top 10 teams from automatic qualifying conferences face tougher competition in the weeks ahead.

1. Boise State .913
2. Oregon .863
3. TCU .854
4. Oklahoma .8425
5. Ohio State .8421
6. LSU .782
7. Nebraska .777
8. Auburn .744
9. Michigan State .642
10. Alabama .634

BCS projections: Boise State, Oregon in top spots, No. 1 Ohio State fifth - ESPN

It would be virtually impossible for Boise State to hold onto a top two BCS spot until the end of the year. Any SEC, Big Ten or Pac Ten team with zero or one loss will finish ahead of them.

Sandra

salsadancer7 said:
...and just plain crazy. So all you need to do is play in a weak-a$$ conference, spinkle in a couple of top 25 team....of course playing NONE OF THEM at their stadium....and you are just about assured being in the top 3 for the BCS....?!!:rant::rolleyes::eek:

Video Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5673225

Perennial underachievers Wisconsin and Iowa are going to get them bumped up in the computers???????

It would be virtually impossible for Boise State to hold onto a top two BCS spot until the end of the year. Any SEC, Big Ten or Pac Ten team with zero or one loss will finish ahead of them.

Sandra

Not really. A lot will depend on what happens with some teams that can affect the computer rankings. Iowa, V Tech, Cincinnati, Cal - All teams that either lost to WAC teams or to someone that lost to one. If Miami loses to VTech, Boise's stock rises more while OSU falls. The SEC doesn't have that great a strength of schedule or outcomes to bolster their standings (GA-CU and Tenn-Oregon don't help). Boise still has to get by Nevada and Fresno State. You may not have been paying attention but Nevada waxed a Cal team that took apart the UCLA team that embarrassed Texas. These scenarios show up in the computer rankings if not in the subjective AP and coaches polls. The powers that be need to be more concerned with TCU who will keep rising if they get by Utah and Air Force (who you may want to dismiss, but they took Oklahoma down to the wire in Norman the week after OU trashed FSU).

I see a lot of opinions on here, but no facts to back them up. They're all based on the BCS/East Coast bias that feeds the polls. If Boise can get that high under those conditions, there's more to it than easy schedules and luck. Keep listening to the talking heads on ESPN who have a financial stake in the outcomes and are nothing but BCS shills.

Not really. A lot will depend on what happens with some teams that can affect the computer rankings. Iowa, V Tech, Cincinnati, Cal - All teams that either lost to WAC teams or to someone that lost to one. If Miami loses to VTech, Boise's stock rises more while OSU falls. The SEC doesn't have that great a strength of schedule or outcomes to bolster their standings (GA-CU and Tenn-Oregon don't help). Boise still has to get by Nevada and Fresno State. You may not have been paying attention but Nevada waxed a Cal team that took apart the UCLA team that embarrassed Texas. These scenarios show up in the computer rankings if not in the subjective AP and coaches polls. The powers that be need to be more concerned with TCU who will keep rising if they get by Utah and Air Force (who you may want to dismiss, but they took Oklahoma down to the wire in Norman the week after OU trashed FSU).

I see a lot of opinions on here, but no facts to back them up. They're all based on the BCS/East Coast bias that feeds the polls. If Boise can get that high under those conditions, there's more to it than easy schedules and luck. Keep listening to the talking heads on ESPN who have a financial stake in the outcomes and are nothing but BCS shills.

It's not about ESPN talking heads, it's about common sense. I love how 'East Coast Bias' is blamed for everything...including me stating a one loss Big 12, SEC or Big Ten team will make the BCS championship game over an undefeated Boise State. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Last edited:
Or really time to drop Coach Rod as I've been saying the past 3 seasons. As you mentioned, their defense couldn't stop an offense consisting of you, me, seven other Satguys, a Girl Scout, and Pope Benedict.

The 3-3-5 is the worst defense in college.
The amount of pressure coming down on Rich Rod, has got to be immense. I think this year the D-cordinator goes and next year, it's Rich Rod. Just my 2 cents.

It's not about ESPN talking heads, it's about common sense. I love how 'East Coast Bias' is blamed for everything...including me stating a one loss Pac 10 team will make the BCS championship game over an undefeated Boise State. :rolleyes:
Sandra

The East Coast bias does exist, it's obvious in the polls and the banter. Take a look at the first polls and play the game of "Where are they now?" - then look for the Eastern teams that have disappeared. These first polls do have a big impact on subsequent ratings. Do you also deny that ESPN has a big financial stake in the BCS games and ratings are more important than fairness? That's common sense and a FACT - always follow the money.

The East Coast bias does exist, it's obvious in the polls and the banter. Take a look at the first polls and play the game of "Where are they now?" - then look for the Eastern teams that have disappeared. These first polls do have a big impact on subsequent ratings. Do you also deny that ESPN has a big financial stake in the BCS games and ratings are more important than fairness? That's common sense and a FACT - always follow the money.

I believe in Coastal Bias--first east and then west. Instead of follow the money, maybe follow the population to see where the money is.:D

BCS projections: Boise State, Oregon in top spots, No. 1 Ohio State fifth - ESPN

And just what "tough" schedule does Ohio State have? It's been proven the Big Ten is weak overall with only MSU remaining as a viable test and OSU doesn't even play them. I'll concede that Iowa and Wisconsin are decent teams but not any better than top 15-20 if that and both have already failed when put to a modest test.

Another WAG: Nevada will win the WAC. :D

You forgot to answer how me stating teams from the Big Ten, SEC and Big 12 getting in over Boise State is 'east coast bias'. :confused:

It will be news to people from Alabama, Ohio and Oklahoma that they're now part of the east coast.

Sandra

You forgot to answer how me stating teams from the Big Ten, SEC and Big 12 getting in over Boise State is 'east coast bias'. :confused:
It will be news to people from Alabama, Ohio and Oklahoma that they're now part of the east coast.
Sandra

Let's just use the Mississippi as the dividing line which it has been historically. The point is that the population centers are in that area and everything is pointed at insuring interest and ratings at any cost. They do make concessions to Nebraska, Texas, OU and USC partly because of population and national interest. What do you think would happen if the SEC and Big 12 had no better than 2 time losers, Oregon State runs the table in the Pac-10 and TCU/Utah and Boise are still undefeated. What excuse would they have for keeping either out of the title game (which wouldn't stop them from doing it)? And as things look, it's not inconceivable. As some of you have said, no one (which basically I guess is all of us the mountain west area) would want to watch the game. Even though Boise is as entertaining a team as there has been for some time, the ratings would be down because it isn't about quality football and who is actually deserving.

Let's just use the Mississippi as the dividing line which it has been historically. The point is that the population centers are in that area and everything is pointed at insuring interest and ratings at any cost. They do make concessions to Nebraska, Texas, OU and USC partly because of population and national interest. What do you think would happen if the SEC and Big 12 had no better than 2 time losers, Oregon State runs the table in the Pac-10 and TCU/Utah and Boise are still undefeated. What excuse would they have for keeping either out of the title game (which wouldn't stop them from doing it)? And as things look, it's not inconceivable. As some of you have said, no one (which basically I guess is all of us the mountain west area) would want to watch the game. Even though Boise is as entertaining a team as there has been for some time, the ratings would be down because it isn't about quality football and who is actually deserving.

I said a team from the Big Ten, SEC or Big 12 with ONE LOSS (not two) would get in over an undefeated Boise State team, and I'll add a very deep Pac 10 to that as well.

Sandra

Could be interesting if OSU does run the table and both Oregon and Big 12 winner stay unbeaten. The Bucks could be on the outside looking in.

How so ?

You don't really think they would take a Boise State team with thier schedule the rest of the way OVER and undefeated Buckeye and Oregon team do you ?

How so ?

You don't really think they would take a Boise State team with thier schedule the rest of the way OVER and undefeated Buckeye and Oregon team do you ?

I read it as the Bucks would be watching Oregon and an undefeated Big 12 team in the NC game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)