2011-12 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
schefter reporting that Broncos DC Dennis Allen is leading candidate for HC job. Raiders told the others to get the steppin'

schefter reporting that Broncos DC Dennis Allen is leading candidate for HC job. Raiders told the others to get the steppin'

It is GREAT that it is the 1st defensive minded HC candidate since John Madden. He did great things with a young Donkeys team, they did more than many expected. Not because they were bad, but because they were extremely young and inexperience. Oakland has, on paper, more older talent and there will be some changes as well. Offensively, the only real problem with was Raiders was health.

I would have liked Moss, but this would be a good choice...

From what I read, the Moss interview did not go as well as expected... even though the interview between Moss and McKenzie lasted 4 hours...

AND....by hiring him from Denver... it would weaken them because they would need to hire their 7th DC in as many years. A BONUS!:D

Last edited:
It is officially a done deal!

dark_side.png

Attachments

• dark_side.png
    dark_side.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 94
RISKY hire. McKenzie opts not to hire a former Packer employee whom he is familiar and instead hires a 1 year wonder spazzy coordinator? Where have I seen this before? Oh yeah.... Josh McDaniels.

And with the Raiders history of dealing with head coaches, he'd better RENT, not buy.....

RISKY hire. McKenzie opts not to hire a former Packer employee whom he is familiar and instead hires a 1 year wonder spazzy coordinator? Where have I seen this before? Oh yeah.... Josh McDaniels.

He did what MOST GMs want to do. Hire THEIR guy. Funny how 2 of the biggest names on the Denver defense do not feel the same "spazzy" comments. I will go with THEIR opinion over yours... they seem to know just a little tiny bet more about him than you do.;)

“He knew how to get us ready,” cornerback Champ Bailey told NFL Network, via the San Francisco Chronicle. “I give him a lot of credit for the success we had this year. . . . He’s one of the most intense coaches I’ve had.

“I know what type of team he’s going to have. Very intense, hard-nosed, tough. That’s the way he is. That’s what I expect his team to be.”

Linebacker Von Miller agreed. “They’re getting a guy that’s going to come in right away, and he’s going to get it done,” Miller told NFL Network. “That’s what he did for us. He came in, he laid out a plan for us, he told us, ‘This is how we’re going to do it, and this will work,’ and that’s what happened. We improved our defense an incredible amount. . . . I think he’ll do the same thing with the Oakland Raiders.”

Broncos lament loss of Dennis Allen to Raiders | ProFootballTalk

He did what MOST GMs want to do. Hire THEIR guy. Funny how 2 of the biggest names on the Denver defense do not feel the same "spazzy" comments. I will go with THEIR opinion over yours... they seem to know just a little tiny bet more about him than you do.;)

Broncos lament loss of Dennis Allen to Raiders | ProFootballTalk

Just saying, before you get your heart broke, you should be aware of the risk factor. Hiring 1-hit wonder coordinators as head coaches on a whim is kinda risky so maybe you should temper your expectations.

Just saying, before you get your heart broke, you should be aware of the risk factor. Hiring 1-hit wonder coordinators as head coaches on a whim is kinda risky so maybe you should temper your expectations.

LMAO! That's just it Matt. You heard NO expectations from me. This is the 1st time this team has hired a defensive minded coach since Madden. Do I EXPECT him to be like Madden...not in the very least. But having a defensive minded HC with a reputation of being very organized and tough will do MORE for my Raiders than I can ever wish for. I wanted Moss... but getting Allen is a decent to good choice in my opinion. The Raiders are hoping they signed the next hot name before he becomes a hot name.

My expectations for next year are on hold now because there is gonna be a cleaning of house and there are plenty of FAs that will be available. THEY will know what is best for that team going forward more than you and definitely more than me. The main thing I hope for is the main thing would could not accomplish... a relatively healthy team.:)

Roger Goodell gets five year contract extension through 2019. i'm sure some will be very happy with this bit of news :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelo Dundee, Trainer of Ali and Leonard, Dies at 90

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)