2011-12 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
What am I assuming? That's what he said, not 'Palmer is our starter going into training camp and we'll see where we are at when the season starts'. He named him the week 1 2012 starter, apparently nothing matters between now, training camp, and preseason... which means they apparently aren't bringing in anyone to compete. If Miami said the same about Matt Moore then Rey would have said the same thing about them not bringing in anyone

If I wanted to assume, I'd say that he's trying to do the best with a situation that will take years to undo (the trade for said QB). Instead you are doing the assuming... that he likes his QB.

No need to get defensive 'hoss'.

You are ASSUMING in the fact that they will not bring in another QB. New coaches like to bring in "their" guy just like we saw the new Raiders GM bring in "his" coach. Carson Palmer is a QB that had no OTA and most of entire arsenal of offense out for most of the year. FA wise, you are not gonna do any better. They will be looking in the FA pool to find another QB. The QB pool is VERY thin.

And if Miami would have done the same, and Rey would have said the same...then I would have said the same to Rey....

o
You are ASSUMING in the fact that they will not bring in another QB. New coaches like to bring in "their" guy just like we saw the new Raiders GM bring in "his" coach. Carson Palmer is a QB that had no OTA and most of entire arsenal of offense out for most of the year. FA wise, you are not gonna do any better. They will be looking in the FA pool to find another QB. The QB pool is VERY thin.

And if Miami would have done the same, and Rey would have said the same...then I would have said the same to Rey....
that's why bringing in flynn makes sense to me and am for it.

Looks like the Raiders are aiming at Greg Knapp as the OC. Bring in the "west coast" offense back to Oakland. If they could return to those Rich Gannon days, I would be very happy with that.

Raiders name Palmer week 1 2012 starter... apparently not even going to bring in competition for him, just backup(s).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

If you stop trying to so hard to put words in my mouth, accuse me of assuming, etc. you would probably just agree with me.

We have very little idea what the FA pool will end up looking like.

I am inferring they won't bring in another QB to compete, based on the statement Palmer has been declared the starter. Feel free to point out the assumption (and to look up infer and assume if you think they're the same). Obviously Jason Campbell won't be back, so they'll need to bring in a backup or two.

Why you consistently insist on turning simple statements like this into multiple-post debates like this I have no idea.

If you stop trying to so hard to put words in my mouth, accuse me of assuming, etc. you would probably just agree with me.

We have very little idea what the FA pool will end up looking like.

I am inferring they won't bring in another QB to compete, based on the statement Palmer has been declared the starter. Feel free to point out the assumption (and to look up infer and assume if you think they're the same). Obviously Jason Campbell won't be back, so they'll need to bring in a backup or two.

Why you consistently insist on turning simple statements like this into multiple-post debates like this I have no idea.

LMAO!

Thank you Pot...when you get a chance, I will introduce kettle to you....:rolleyes:

The Raiders also have Terrelle Pryor who is a project that they can work with for the future. He is as big as Cam Newton,& if he has a good work ethic,maybe he can develop like Aaron Rodgers did. At least the idea of having Carson Palmer & Terrelle Pryor together on the same roster doesn't seem to cause as much consternation among people as the idea of having Peyton Manning & Andrew Luck together on the same roster.

Your giving Terrelle and awful lot of props for doing nothing so far.
He should not even be in the conversation if your looking at what the qb's you've mentioned have done or are expected to do.

Yes, Rogers sat behind Favre, but Pryor could only pray to be as good as Aaron was the day he stepped on the field.

Luck has a LOT more talent walking into the NFL than Terrelle has.

The Raiders also have Terrelle Pryor who is a project that they can work with for the future. He is as big as Cam Newton,& if he has a good work ethic,maybe he can develop like Aaron Rodgers did. At least the idea of having Carson Palmer & Terrelle Pryor together on the same roster doesn't seem to cause as much consternation among people as the idea of having Peyton Manning & Andrew Luck together on the same roster.

Let's not get crazy now.

The reason for the disagreement in committing to Carson Palmer is that he has had dimishing skills for quite some time now. (Trust me, I've watched him closely here in the AFC North). At this point in his career, he's no longer a proven commodity. I liked where the Raiders offense was heading under Jason Campbell. It's really too bad they got impatient and overpaid for a QB on the downslide of his career and dumped the QB that was actually showing promise.

Looks like the Raiders are aiming at Greg Knapp as the OC. Bring in the "west coast" offense back to Oakland. If they could return to those Rich Gannon days, I would be very happy with that.

Good luck with that. I can tell you first hand, the beginning stages of seeing the WCO being implemented is just about the most boring offense a fan or team can endure.

New Colts Offensive Coordinator might have revealed something.......

Colts new OC Bruce Arians:
"Hopefully Peyton can come back and get ready to go. But, there will be a new quarterback and a new beginning."

New Colts Offensive Coordinator might have revealed something.......

Colts new OC Bruce Arians:

most likely he ain't coming back to the colts or anyone for that matter but honestly its all speculation at this point. no one really knows anything including peyton himself......

The reason for the disagreement in committing to Carson Palmer is that he has had dimishing skills for quite some time now. (Trust me, I've watched him closely here in the AFC North). At this point in his career, he's no longer a proven commodity. I liked where the Raiders offense was heading under Jason Campbell. It's really too bad they got impatient and overpaid for a QB on the downslide of his career and dumped the QB that was actually showing promise.

So let me get this straight... you would have NOT traded for Palmer and allow Boller to run the offense knowing full well that Campbell's injury was season ending. AND without McFadden...?

I am looking forward to THIS answer.

Good luck with that. I can tell you first hand, the beginning stages of seeing the WCO being implemented is just about the most boring offense a fan or team can endure.

JUST an FYI... the last time the Raiders were SERIOUS playoff worthy(getting robbed in "tuck rule" playoff game, losing the AFC Championship to that year's Super Bowl champs the Ravens and then getting their a$$e$$ handed to them by the Bucs in the Super Bowl....guess what kinda offense they ran where Rich Gannon won the NFL MVP that year.... tick, tock... yep... the west coast offense.

JUST an FYI... the last time the Raiders were SERIOUS playoff worthy(getting robbed in "tuck rule" playoff game, losing the AFC Championship to that year's Super Bowl champs the Ravens and then getting their a$$e$$ handed to them by the Bucs in the Super Bowl....guess what kinda offense they ran where Rich Gannon won the NFL MVP that year.... tick, tock... yep... the west coast offense.

Just saying, the WCO takes YEARS to learn and build on. Your team isn't going to be running the Rich Gannon offense right out of the gates next year. Your team, just like my Browns will be spoon fed bits and pieces of the playbook at a time.

Just saying, the WCO takes YEARS to learn and build on. Your team isn't going to be running the Rich Gannon offense right out of the gates next year. Your team, just like my Browns will be spoon fed bits and pieces of the playbook at a time.

And that's fine...because though Palmer is not a WCO type of QB, the WRs and the running game is...especially the offensive line. I have NEVER seen a "boring" WCO offense when you have the horses to run it. In fact, when the Raiders ran it, they threw MORE down field than ever.

And about Palmer's so-called diminished skills...

...I am NOT comparing the two QBs in any, way, shape or form...so please do not put words in my mouth.

How would Brady had done if he missed Gronk(his best player) for most of season, Hernandez and Welker for about half of the season and Benjarvus for about half the season(his best RB) .....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)