2011 NCAA Tournament

Another tough game, but a win for UK :). Morehead's tourney comes to an end. :(

The Southwest bracket has fallen apart- every one of the big guns that could challenge Kansas is out.

The Jayhawks could not have it any easier.

Rock Chalk Cakewalk!

F&%king Syracuse... the usual, 2nd round screw-up just about every year. And it is the usual suspect EVERY YEAR, if it ain't their free throws killing them...it's the throwing the ball all over the place on offense where they commit a 20 spot in turnovers. I am done with NCAA college basketball till next year's disappointment.

Let's hear it for the BIG LEAST !!!! 11 in ,2 remain. Under achieving ACC, 4 in, 3 remain. Big East was over rated all season. Just a league full of equally mediocre teams.

lefatman said:
Let's hear it for the BIG LEAST !!!! 11 in ,2 remain. Under achieving ACC, 4 in, 3 remain. Big East was over rated all season. Just a league full of equally mediocre teams.

So you are saying they did not deserve that many in? And does this ALSO mean that their RPI was completely farce and their strength of schedule also overrated?

So you are saying they did not deserve that many in? And does this ALSO mean that their RPI was completely farce and their strength of schedule also overrated?

That is exactly what I am saying. RPI and strength of schedule was based on them being overrated all year. It was still one hell of a league to watch and some really great games, but they were given too much credit all year and that skewed both of those rankings. Just my opinion, but thats why they play the games each March. It is still a lot better then the football farce called the BCS.

That is exactly what I am saying. RPI and strength of schedule was based on them being overrated all year. It was still one hell of a league to watch and some really great games, but they were given too much credit all year and that skewed both of those rankings. Just my opinion, but thats why they play the games each March. It is still a lot better then the football farce called the BCS.
Nice try. SOS and RPI are based on the quality of the opponents a team plays. It has nothing to do with "being overrated". Also, don't forget that two of the BE teams eliminated in the last round were beaten by fellow conference members. Obviously, a BE team has to lose those games. I guess playing each other so early is a necessity when so many deserving teams get in...

1. It figures one of the extra play-in games would screw up the brackets. Damn VCU!

2. So much for that scary Zone defense that no one knows how to attack, huh Syracuse?

3. THE Ohio State. Wow. Most dominating team so far. Yesterday against George Mason was a statement to the rest of the world. This team can beat you inside or out. Pick your poison. Sullinger/Lauderdale or Diebler/Lighty. Next up: Little Blue.

4. A foul's a foul Pitt. Whether in the first second or last second. No complaining. What a roller coaster of emotions those last few seconds were. Wow. Gracious interview by the Butler coach following the game. He gave Pitt all the credit in the world.

5. Still can't get used to Barkley and the TNT crew broadcasting for CBS. I miss the sane commentary of Greg Gumble and Clark Kellog over the marble mouth Barkley. Did he lose his voice yesterday? Maybe CBS should scroll subtitles. I couldn't understand a word he said.

6. 9 of 11 Big East Teams wiped out after one weekend. Wowzers!

7. I don't want to hear anything about how the ACC is underrated. Duke and UNC damn well should've lost. Those games could've gone either way at the end.

8. My goodness that kid from BYU can shoot! Imagine how good BYU would be if they didn't lose the other kid for a french kiss infraction.

9. When was the last time a Tom Izzo coached team got beat in the first round? I can't remember.

10. Well, the right side of the bracket is officially busted besides Kansas. You can't help but to cheer for a repeat run for Butler the rest of the way.

cosmo_kramer said:
Nice try. SOS and RPI are based on the quality of the opponents a team plays. It has nothing to do with "being overrated". Also, don't forget that two of the BE teams eliminated in the last round were beaten by fellow conference members. Obviously, a BE team has to lose those games. I guess playing each other so early is a necessity when so many deserving teams get in...

Bingo! thank you screwing up that rant with sound logic. ;-)

What about the SEC?

Not that great this season, and their only teams left are the only SEC teams that stood upright this season- Florida and Kentucky.

By your standard, the SEC was underrated all season.

NCAA Football OffSeason 2014

MLB to Barstool?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)