2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs

I can't believe the Vancouver fans are BOOOING the Bruins ..... what great fans. UGH.

What was classy though, was the playing of "Dirty Water" (the Bruins and Red Sox theme song) on the Vancouver PA as the Bruins skated with the Cup.

Overcoming an 0-2 series deficit not once but twice, winning a game 7 on the road for the first time ever, winning three game 7's this spring:

these Bruins are one of the more resilient Cup champs I remember in a long time.

I was 8 in 1972. Don't remember much. I'll remember this one! Yeah, I think they were booing Bettman. They gave the local boy Lucic a nice round of applause.

What was classy though, was the playing of "Dirty Water" (the Bruins and Red Sox theme song) on the Vancouver PA as the Bruins skated with the Cup.

...and not a fan left the building until the Cup was awarded and the Bruins skated with it on the ice - unlike the Miami fans who were heading out the gates with 3-minutes left to play. Better yet, we didn't have to read one single I hate LeBron James post. ;)

Bruins are the first team to win three Game 7's in the same season!

And I'm saying it now, Tim Thomas had the best goaltending performance in the storied history of the Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Timmy will go down in Boston sports lore with Bill Russell, Larry Bird, Bobby Orr, Tom Brady, Adam Vinatieri and David Ortiz!! :)

Bruins are the first team to win three Game 7's in the same season!

And I'm saying it now, Tim Thomas had the best goaltending performance in the storied history of the Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Timmy will go down in Boston sports lore with Bill Russell, Larry Bird, Bobby Orr, Tom Brady, Adam Vinatieri and David Ortiz!! :)

How about Cheevers ?

I NEVER say someone was the BEST of something, always one of the best .... don't like to single people out like that because you can't always easily compare eras.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts