2013-14 NFL Postseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not been in Sports thread that much... but has anyone seen that there are several team that made the playoffs and STILL have not sold out their games?

Now, it's time for my rant...;) Alot was made about how my Raiders could not sellout the stadium(easy not to sell out when the team is miserable), yet you have ESTABLISHED yearly playoff teams like the Packers(15,000 seats unsold) and Bengals(10,000 seats) that cant sellout out their stadium for the playoffs? And though the Colts(7,000 seats) have just recently become a playoff team, they TOO have yet to sell out.

I have not been in Sports thread that much... but has anyone seen that there are several team that made the playoffs and STILL have not sold out their games?

Now, it's time for my rant...;) Alot was made about how my Raiders could not sellout the stadium(easy not to sell out when the team is miserable), yet you have ESTABLISHED yearly playoff teams like the Packers(15,000 seats unsold) and Bengals(10,000 seats) that cant sellout out their stadium for the playoffs? And though the Colts(7,000 seats) have just recently become a playoff team, they TOO have yet to sell out.

Wow.....the PACKERS haven't sold out yet??!!

Teams have until Thursday at 4:30 p.m. to avoid the local blackout because Wednesday is a holiday.

Teams have until Thursday at 4:30 p.m. to avoid the local blackout because Wednesday is a holiday.
I also read where they've given extensions to teams that look like they were making progress selling tickets. I don't expect a blackout here in Cincy, or Green Bay.

Packers fans aren't feeling it against SF lol

Eagles and Panthers sold out,that tends to happen when your team hasn't been to the playoffs in a while.

The Cincinnati Bengals, Green Bay Packers and Indianapolis Colts all were granted ticket-sale deadline extensions from the NFL on Thursday.

The Packers joined that list after they came up about 3,000 tickets short of selling out 80,750-seat Lambeau Field for Sunday's NFC wild-card playoff game against the San Francisco 49ers.

A Packers spokesperson said the league gave them until 5 p.m. ET on Friday to sell the remaining tickets and avoid a television blackout in their home market, which includes both the Green Bay and Milwaukee areas.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10232840/2013-nfl-playoffs-cincinnati-bengals-green-bay-packers-indianapolis-colts-receive-ticket-sale-deadline-extensions

IMO, if the Packers PLAYOFF game gets blacked out, that's as big an upset as the 1980 US hockey team!!

Sundays high temp in GB is -3*, this should be a great game. :)

I don't blame the fans in Green Bay. That cold ain't no joke. I sat through a playoff game in New England against the titans about 10 years ago and it was around -10. I was never so cold in my life. It doesn't matter how many layers you have on you just never get comfortable.

I don't blame the fans in Green Bay. That cold ain't no joke. I sat through a playoff game in New England against the titans about 10 years ago and it was around -10. I was never so cold in my life. It doesn't matter how many layers you have on you just never get comfortable.

"Football weather" is more like 40s and 50s....NOT 0 degrees or colder. I WENT to the Raiders-Browns playoff game "88 red right" back in '81. I was 16 and froze my A$$ off and it was around 5 degrees. I will NEVER go to a game that cold again. I was wearing so much clothing I could barely walk and was STILL freezing my A$$ off.

"Football weather" is more like 40s and 50s....NOT 0 degrees or colder. I WENT to the Raiders-Browns playoff game "88 red right" back in '81. I was 16 and froze my A$$ off and it was around 5 degrees. I will NEVER go to a game that cold again. I was wearing so much clothing I could barely walk and was STILL freezing my A$$ off.

christmas-story-snow-suit.jpg

I went to the Bengals vs Ravens game 2 years ago and it was 20 and I froze my butt off. I couldn't imagine being there any colder.

Coldest game I ever attended was a Dolphins-Pats game back in Dec. 1977. My dad brought a couple of hot chocolates back to the seat, and they were frozen when I went to drink it. :eek:

Coldest game I went to was this year's Iowa/Michigan game. Was the coldest kickoff in Kinnick's history. I think it was about 10 degrees.

The Green Bay Packers and Indianapolis Colts have sold their remaining tickets to their Saturday's playoff games, while the Cincinnati Bengals still have Friday to meet the ticket-sale deadline extension from the NFL.

Fans and a group of Packers corporate partners, led by Green Bay-based Associated Bank, purchased the remaining available tickets Friday. The Packers began the week with 40,000 tickets available.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10236672/2013-nfl-playoffs-indianapolis-colts-green-bay-packers-get-sellout-cincinnati-bengals-wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoughts to Ponder-Feb.11, 2014

RIP Jim Fregosi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)