2013 NFL Playoffs/Super Bowl

The one thing that Kaepernick rushing has over say,Tim Tebow,is that unlike Tebow,Kaepernick tries to avoid the tackler than run over him. Tebow thinks he's a fullback ala Nagurski or Csonka.

seriously? talking about TEBOW!!?!? :facepalm

Last edited:
They should re watch the first half. THAT'S why they lost.

bingo. these teams were pretty evenly matched to begin with. so it was going to be about who made the most mistakes and who takes advantage of their opportunities. ravens did a better job overall in both categories.

What a pathetically reffed Superbowl.

The headshot on 3rd down and the hold on 4th, not to mention every other call in the game went the Ravens way.

there were calls missed against the 49ers as well. when #29 for the ravens wasn't ejected for shoving a ref, it was clear they were going to be lenient and let them play.

Things I was happy to (NOT) hear on the broadcast ....

They didn't OVER due the Ray Lewis retiring, hardly heard them mention his name most of the night.
I thought Ray didn't play any more than an avg. game for him ... I would have expected him to try to have a HUGE game. I'm happier for him this way, kept his mouth shut.

Also, we didn't hear the HARBAUGH's mentioned every other sentence.

agreed on all that. there were moments i wondered if lewis was even on the field.

my apologies for all the posts.just trying to catch up with you guys :eek: congrats to ravens fans. no question in my mind the ravens played a better game last night and deserved the win.

Looks like I missed a intresting superbowl, saw a few minutes of it but then kids got sick and crashed out. Congrats Ravens

Let me start off by saying that I rooted for the Ravens. I wanted them to win. SF is classless thugs and babies IMO as evidenced by the coach not interviewing to CBS afterwards. But no one thought the defender in the lane who was positioned to make the tackle was being held infront and in the back by two raven players as Jones ran by him for the return TD? My god they had him turned sideways with his back to Jones even after he was 5 yards past. I havent rewatched it but everytime they replayed it I rolled my eyes. They throw so many flags on returns in the regular season and that didnt get one?????

Let me start off by saying that I rooted for the Ravens. But no one thought the defender in the lane was being held infront and in the back by two raven players as Jones ran by him for the return TD? My god they had him turned sideways with his back to Jones even after he was 5 yards past. I havent rewatched it but everytime they replayed it I rolled my eyes. They throw so many flags on returns in the regular season and that didnt get one?????

whether we think its right or wrong the refs handle post season games differently. once or twice last night i felt they were too lenient.

whether we think its right or wrong the refs handle post season games differently. once or twice last night i felt they were too lenient.

True. #29 of the Ravens should have been thrown out of the game for shoving that ref.

Two of the strangest plays of the game for me: The Ravens running the field goal fake on 4th and 9 with only an 11 point lead early in the game, and the safety at the end involving the punter going out of bounds. I understand why they ran that last play but I've never seen a safety like that before.

Two of the strangest plays of the game for me: The Ravens running the field goal fake on 4th and 9 with only an 11 point lead early in the game, and the safety at the end involving the punter going out of bounds. I understand why they ran that last play but I've never seen a safety like that before.

that last play was brilliant. the fake field goal was low risk but i would've taken the 3 points instead. in a game of that magnitude you need all the points you can get. if a field goal would have been the difference and they lose, oh boy....

that last play was brilliant. the fake field goal was low risk but i would've taken the 3 points instead. in a game of that magnitude you need all the points you can get. if a field goal would've been the difference and they lose that would be huge.
I think both plays were correct for the situation. A FG from that range was not a gimme, and worst case, the fake will turn over the ball inside the 49er's 10 yard line.

Before the Ravens' timeout I looked at the score and saw that 5 point margin and the short time, and said to myself "Take the safety!". It looked to me like the 49er's didn't plan for the Ravens to take a safety, even after the timeout. I fault the 49er's for not going all out to get to the punter to conserve time. They could have downed the punter and saved enough time for a "Hail Mary" after the kickoff.

The brilliant part of the intentional safety was the blatant holding. Even if holding was called, a penalty in the end zone results in a safety anyway, and no time would have been put back on the clock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)