2014 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dayton said Newton had two transverse process fractures in his lower back, which is the same description of an injury that Dallas quarterback Tony Romo has and has been playing through it.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/panthers-newton-suffers-back-fractures-in-crash/ar-BBgzffy
Tony Romo is one thing because the Cowboys are still in the play-off & Brandon Weeden is the back-up,but the Panthers have no realistic shot at the play-offs,although we are talking about the NFC South,& this has been a bad season for Cam Newton anyway,so they should just sit him down for the rest of the season so that he can heal fully.

Tony Romo is one thing because the Cowboys are still in the play-off & Brandon Weeden is the back-up,but the Panthers have no realistic shot at the play-offs,although we are talking about the NFC South,& this has been a bad season for Cam Newton anyway,so they should just sit him down for the rest of the season so that he can heal fully.

They're a half game out of 1st place and play the Bucs at home this week. The Falcons play the Steelers at home this week and the Saints play at Chicago. Come Tuesday the Panthers could realistically be in 1st place.

They're a half game out of 1st place and play the Bucs at home this week. The Falcons play the Steelers at home this week and the Saints play at Chicago. Come Monday the Panthers could realistically be in 1st place.
I'm not trying to be a smart a@#,but sitting Cam Newton would be the best option because any serious injury to him would be more catastrophic than a serious injury to Romo,because Cam is the better QB & would be the bigger loss. I hope that came out right.

I'm not trying to be a smart a@#,but sitting Cam Newton would be the best option because any serious injury to him would be more catastrophic than a serious injury to Romo,because Cam is the better QB & would be the bigger loss. I hope that came out right.

I get what you're saying, someone on NFL network said that it is more of a pain threshold issue than risk of further injuring the back. So I'm guessing he sits this week and plays the next.

They're a half game out of 1st place and play the Bucs at home this week. The Falcons play the Steelers at home this week and the Saints play at Chicago. Come Tuesday the Panthers could realistically be in 1st place.
Exactly. They are still in the hunt being only 1/2 game back. They shouldn't be, but the facts are the facts.

As strange as this season has been this year,I'll wager that the Bucs will defeat the Panthers(then the Panthers should sit Cam Newton for the rest of the season so he can fully heal) & the Saints will defeat the Bears. The Falcons will lose.

The Philly Fox station is showing an AFC game today - Browns vs Bengals, Johnny Football's first start. So far, half way thru the 3rd quarter, it's not very auspicious. Couple of bad ints and several sacks.

On another note,who do you think will win the "Suck For the Duck(Marcus Mariota)" sweepstakes? If Oakland wins the first pick of the draft & still feel like Carr is their QB,they could possibly get a king's ransom for the first pick,just like the Rams did with the Redskins.

New York Post kicks off 'Suck for the Duck' campaign for Mariota
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-...the-duck--campaign-for-mariota-172810228.html

Ok,6'4",Mariota has my attention.

Exactly. They are still in the hunt being only 1/2 game back. They shouldn't be, but the facts are the facts.
The NFC south doesnt even deserve to be in the play-offs this year, they are going to have a team with a loosing record win the division.

The NFL should have a rule if you win the division and you do not have a 500 avg no play-offs for you.

The NFC south doesnt even deserve to be in the play-offs this year, they are going to have a team with a loosing record win the division.

The NFL should have a rule if you win the division and you do not have a 500 avg no play-offs for you.
Actually it should be at least a game over .500 to qualify.

Reactions: bigjohnok
So is Johnny Football going to be Cleveland's answer or another mistake by the lake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)