2015 NCAA football discussion thread

I love football, so I am excited about the matchups no matter what the projections are.
And, after today we will know what the playoffs are, so I agree. Exciting days.

About to head up to the local sports bar and kick it off with the USM game. Who would have figured they would be back in the conf champ game after the past couple of years.

Stuck at work until 2, so Temple and Houston on ESPN3...

Gonna setup two tv's for Bama UF and WV Kan St. Tonight will be Clem UNC and Mich St Iowa.

I need Clemson to win to ensure a trip to the Peach on 12/31, because I will be there.

Ill give the ACC credit, they went out and improved the overall level of their coaches in this hiring run. Seems Oh St co-DC Ash is going to Rutgers, and Muschamp is out at Aubie regardless of USCe.

Baylor now lost another QB. 4th string true freshmen or wide receiver that played QB as a junior in high school in 2010 is all that's left.

Will be a miracle if they win and now both benches just cleared on an interception return and tackle after the whistle. Guess I'll call it a day and go to cabin and check deer cameras and feeders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Ill give the ACC credit, they went out and improved the overall level of their coaches in this hiring run. Seems Oh St co-DC Ash is going to Rutgers, and Muschamp is out at Aubie regardless of USCe.
As for Ash going, I'm not happy at all about it .... now we're stuck with Fickle again ? Or will they get someone else in there.
ASH got there and eventually implimented his D and the team got better .... now no telling what's gonna happen.

Then again, the reason your a Co ordination is to move up in most cases.

Sec championship locked up. Always again a little more special when it's against the gators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sec championship locked up. Always again a little more special when it's against the gators.

Had this been a game the Buckeyes played, they would have been penalized for giving up 15 points instead of pointing out how dominant the winning team was ...

Good start for Michigan State getting the early Iowa fumble.

It always feels a little weird to me to watch college football of Fox. Now I am doing it for the second consecutive week because Notre Dame played st Stanford last weekend. I'm used to watching the Big 10 on ABC/ESPN and Notre Dame on NBC.

It always feels a little weird to me to watch college football of Fox. Now I am doing it for the second consecutive week because Notre Dame played st Stanford last weekend. I'm used to watching the Big 10 on ABC/ESPN and Notre Dame on NBC.
I know what ya mean, Big Ten is normally on ABC/ESPN ... tonight the ACC is on ABC.

And MSU returns the favor ... Iowa ball at the MSU 20 after a interception.

My prediction.
Clemson
Bama
Mich state
Oklahoma.

My prediction.
Clemson
Bama
Mich state
Oklahoma.

If Mich St would had won in a more convincing matter. Yeah I would agree. However Iowa was ranked 4 last week and I don't see how they jump 2 spots without passing the "eye test".
Will be interesting.

It should be

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma
4. Michigan St.

But this committee will never allow Oklahoma to play Alabama in Dallas, so it will conveniently flip OU and MSU.

This committee of fools will also punish teams for losing their conference championship games. UNC, Iowa and Florida should get NY6 bowls but will not because they lost a game other teams didn't make it to.

Question.
Is the committee there to rank the teams 1-4?
Or to see who should play who?
We will see the answer at noon today.

It should be

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma
4. Michigan St.

But this committee will never allow Oklahoma to play Alabama in Dallas, so it will conveniently flip OU and MSU.

This committee of fools will also punish teams for losing their conference championship games. UNC, Iowa and Florida should get NY6 bowls but will not because they lost a game other teams didn't make it to.
Another reason why we should just use the top 8 in the AP poll in a playoff based on rank, do away with the committee and the conf championships. it solves all problems. even the one about teams not having a championship game. The AP poll and the committee typically are very close at the end anyway. It even accounts for another playoff weekend and game by eliminating this weekend. heck no one with half a Brain thought that Mich St, Bama, or Clemson would lose yesterday and they didnt.

this would solve the 4 main complaints against the current system
1. boo hoo my team didnt get in. you just have to accept the top 8 in the AP or the old BCS systems.
2. the committe doesnt know what its doing.
3. the extra weekend required to extend a playoff
4. some conferences or independents dont have championship games.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)