3 questions for new customer

chwtom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2007
I am building a house and have three questions about Dish service:

1. At what point in the build do I schedule Dish to come out and put the Dish on?

2. Can I have two 2-room tuners, or would they interfere with eachother?

3. Does Dish have any bundles with DSL and phone?

1) Whenever you are ready to have service started. However, I would make sure that you have your house wired the way that you want it. The builder can easily do this, just make sure to be involved in the process.

2) Yes, you can have 2 2 room boxes. I have 3 that are output to different channels. No problems.

3) Yes, but only in certain areas - certain AT&T areas.

I would run 2 RG6 from a dual RG6 wall plate from each room to a point terminating outside, on or near south side of house or to a utility room in basement.

If I had it to do over again on our house I would do the following...

Pick a room in basement for a utility closet/room, under stairs room.

I would run 2 RG6 from each room dual RG6 wall plates, some rooms would get 4, 2 on each wall a TV might be placed to the utility room.

I would run 5 RG6 from the south side of house, where a dish might be located to the utility room and 2 from where the cable TV might come in to the utlity room.

I would run CAT5 or 6 from each room, dual phone/cat 5 jacks, some rooms even 2 or 3, and terminate in that utility room.

I would run 3 CAT 5's from where the phone hookup would be to that utility room.

That way you can have your Dish switches, Computer router and DSL modem all in the utility rooom..

I wish I had put in a suspended ceiling in the basement instead of sheetrock.

I would run a 3 in PVC conduit from the attic to the basement utility room for OTA antenna and future use.

Best deal is to call Dishstore and sign up under their Free offer...
Better than Club Dish Promotional DetailsOver $

as far as scheduling, we can generally schedule up to 30 days out, however you should place your order about 7-10 days before your ready to guarantee the install date you want.

Generally the backlog is 2-3 days to get someone out once the order is placed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts