30.0W Signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

StarScan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
North Liberty, Indiana
Can someone post a strong vertical and horizontal transponder for Hispasat? I'm using a 1.2M Prodelin dish with a single polarity LNB with a CoolSat 6000.

Yes it is also V as well as H.
Also very strong,
12133 H 27500
12093 H 27500

Check with Satbeams.com and make sure you are in its footprint and Dishpointer.com for proper aiming.

Vertical LNB? twist it in the holder 90 degrees.
LNB's are single polarity devices, it's up to you to set it to which you want.

I found 2 problems. First the dish doesn't go low enough. Second I tried the feed assembly on a dish on 91 and nothing. Is it possible for a feed horn to go bad? I am certain the LNB works because I tested it on another dish. I'll post pictures tonight.

My 1.2 didn't go low enough in the 'standard' arrangement. Sidewinder' fashion works great. 30W is only 6.4° above horizon. Didn't go inverted to prevent snow buildup.
elev_6-7degrees.jpg aim.jpg LNB.jpg
Here's also a pic with a 30 inch I tried in the inverted arrangement (worked just fine)
farm_aug12.jpg
Went back to using the 1.2 to combat weather induced fade.

Bug nest inside the feed throat??

Last edited:
Works great right-side-up on a motor... Mine gets 30w to 125w no problem...
(I have to use diseqc 1.1 for anything farther then 40W, USALS won't go that far..)

Well then I should take some pictures!

:)

looking at 30w30-125w-2.jpg
Looking at 125w30-125w-1.jpg

There are trees to the south and east too... but farther away. I needed to set this up above roof level so it could see the eastern horizon without having to sit on the driveway or lawn...

30w must be quite low on the horizon up your way?
The face on my dish is actually pointing down slightly off vertical.

He's approx 1° north of me, and my 30W elevation is 6.4°, so imagine it's closer to 6.0°.
Someone located in northern Manitoba got it at elevation 4.0° using, I believe, a 90cm.
So the satellite has what i'd call "a healthy signal".

You are fortunate that your dish will go down that low. I actually had to tilt the mast when trying to get the sat at 8W.

You're right about the "healthy signal" I'm amazed that it does so well with my 25" dish.

My elevation for 30.0W is 16, like jorgek I will try tilting the mast because I thew a circular LNB on it and swung it around and hit 129 with it at its lowest. I tuned it to 91.0W with a circular LNB and put the original back on and got nothing so there is also something wrong there.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 120
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    290.9 KB · Views: 124
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    775.6 KB · Views: 120
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 120
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)