4K Joey Installation

that is what i am wonderring about if you can link up the 4k joey to the hopper with sling llike a regular joey my parents have a joey in their bedroom that they are using right now.i want to link up the 4k joey, regular joey to the hopper with sling dvr.
I would think the 4K Joey will be the same. Maybe someone else will reply to your post that knows for sure.

Thanks, I have a couple Vizios and Samsungs and like them both. 4K Vizio should be here next week from Sam's Club. Can't wait to see how the upscale UHD will look.
Let me know how it is , Because this 43 inch or the 48 inch model will most likly be my next bedroom tv.
I have a 40 inch Samsung 5000 series currently and it works fine, but it 2 HDMI requires me to have a HDMI switch, for my Blu Ray, Hopper,Roku.
And I might add this TV was $449 .

I already got rid of my 55 inch 3D Samsung, that also only had 2 HDMI ports, and wasn't a smart tv either that cost me $800.

Sold it for $300, And got a 60 Inch Vizio smart with 240 Hz, 32 local dimming, (clear motion 720) with 4 HDMI. $738 plus tax from Sam's club.

That was an impressive PQ improvement over that Samsung.

Let me know how it is , Because this 43 inch or the 48 inch model will most likly be my next bedroom tv.
I have a 40 inch Samsung 5000 series currently and it works fine, but it 2 HDMI requires me to have a HDMI switch, for my Blu Ray, Hopper,Roku.
And I might add this TV was $449 .

I already got rid of my 55 inch 3D Samsung, that also only had 2 HDMI ports, and wasn't a smart tv either that cost me $800.

Sold it for $300, And got a 60 Inch Vizio smart with 240 Hz, 32 local dimming, (clear motion 720) with 4 HDMI. $738 plus tax from Sam's club.

That was an impressive PQ improvement over that Samsung.
Will do. The Vizio 4K 43" was $398 from Sams.

I'd think the Hopper would need some software changes to allow recording what the 4K Joey displays. Maybe that's been part of the recent updates. Or maybe it doesn't record such at all?

Surely the next Hopper will have "4K" and HEVC.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'd think the Hopper would need some software changes to allow recording what the 4K Joey displays.
I would guess that the current HWS would be suitable to record UHD content for a UHD Joey. If they can pull off PTAT, they can surely grab enough bandwidth to meet UHD needs. Remember that the Hopper doesn't need to be able to decode the content to record it.

Yep, the Vizio legs are going to be a pain to deal with for me. Presently I have a 42" 1080P Vizio center pole stand on my fridge in the garage sitting on a turntable. It fits pretty good. I plan on same setup for the Vizio 4K but sitting it on a board on top of the turntable. I think it will work but might look like hell. May end up mounting the 4K on the wall. How far out do the cables extend on the side of your new Samsung? Are you using a HDMI angle fitting connector for the cable?
WOW, Vizio site has my M43-C1 4K TV on Cyber Monday sale for $499. Sure glad I paid $398 for it during Black Friday Sam's Club sale. TV is scheduled for delivery Tuesday.

They are both 43" one in my living room & one in my bedroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Chrome.

I was wondering that myself, Because he just said he bought the same, But Vizio makes 1080p version of these as well.
I was wondering too is why I asked. I would never call anyone a liar in SatGuys. n0qcu is a super Supporting Founder SatGuy member. He helped me out one time when I had a serious remote control issue I couldn't figure out. I was battling that there dam remote issue for several days and he jumped in with a post that solved my headache.

Reactions: Troch77
I was wondering that myself, Because he just said he bought the same, But Vizio makes 1080p version of these as well.
I thought that the M series was 4k and the E series is 1080p.
To answer your question mine are both 4k.

I thought that the M series was 4k and the E series is 1080p.
To answer your question mine are both 4k.

Thanks n0qcu. Yep, E series are 1080P, M and P series are 4K. I like the P series the best because of the center pole mount stand, but there are no 40" size in the P series. So settled for the M series 43" 4K. Glad to hear you like your Vizios.

Yes But there are also M Series still available that are 1080p .
I have a 2015 model.
Let me rephrase that, it's a 2014 model made in February 2015.
M602i B3. It's a 60 Inch Smart 240 HZ 1080p Smart TV

It's D , E , M,and then P series.
Maybe the new model M series are all 4K now for 2015.
But there is also a 4K D series now as well.
I would stay away from that.
41e3cd9f2cb55d4ceff6f76c0b0c6db1.jpg
b65119960bbd183ee1382907072cc8fe.jpg
f5d7c4d0e39a410850c5cf0275998ead.jpg

Yes But there are also M Series still available that are 1080p .
I have a 2015 model.
M602i B3. It's a 60 Inch Smart 240 HZ 1080p Smart TV

It's D , E , M,and then P series.
Maybe the new model M series are all 4K now.
But there is also a 4K D series now as well.
I would stay away from that.
WOW, I didn't know Vizio has so many series. Presently in my garage I have a 2014 M series Vizio 42" M422i-B1 1080P 240Hz Smart TV and it has been awesome so far. Garage goes thru extreme temperatures too. Going to move this TV to a bedroom when I get the Vizio 4K this week. I see in the Vizio site there is a Reference series too. The 120" model is $129,999.99. OUCH :eeek Hate to pay the sales tax on that one! LOL

Reactions: Troch77

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)