622 L4.01 To Spool on Thursday! (Not sure WHICH thursday though)

... and one more mole has been flushed from the E* organization.

Ya ever get the feeling these unfulfilled rumors are just guises by management to out the informants?

Looks like they took it off the list. It's not there anymore.:( What a disgrace!

It's still listed Ralfy but yeah what a disgrace with this company. How long they've been working on this new software update? When was the last one released?

3/14/2007: 1030 Software Version L4.01 for ViP 622 DVR

Effective Thursday, March 15th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L4.01 for the ViP622DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L3.66 and L4.01 will be the valid software versions for the ViP 622 DVR.

No offense to anybody, but why not just set up a favorite and forget about all of this channel mapping and HD logos? My wife doesn't have a problem accessing the favorites and knowing which channel is in HD and which channel isn't. "ooooh, I nice new purdy HD logo." :rolleyes:

This update doesn't really give us any additional functionality. I have never had a problem setting up an HD recording (meaning I've never accidentally selected the SD version instead of the HD version). Every time Dish Network releases an update, it doesn't affect me in the least bit. They need to quit screwing around and release an update for external storage. :mad:

Don't forget that the local on the 8's was supposed to be included with this update, guess well hav't to wait and see if it still will be!

... and one more mole has been flushed from the E* organization.

Ya ever get the feeling these unfulfilled rumors are just guises by management to out the informants?
The percentage of "rumours" coming true lately has really, really dropped. Sometimes I think they're just f*cking with people like Scott. They probably do get a kick out of people getting all giddy and excited about this .... then they pull the plug !! :D

jayiw said it best. Quit reading these threads, quit posting "gossip" especially if the source is becoming less and less reliable. You can't make updates come any faster. Keep posting "problems" that you encounter, but when and if Dish fixes it will happen when it happens.

"Sometimes I think they're just f*cking with people like Scott. They probably do get a kick out of people getting all giddy and excited about this .... then they pull the plug !! "

That seems to be the case as of late. Sad because these forums actually help them with the problems they have with their software updates.

Vip 622 L4.01

It is supposed to be out sometime next week. But I could not get an
exact date or time.

EchoStar Satellite L.L.C.
Dba DISH Network
Direct: (720)514-****

"Sometimes I think they're just f*cking with people like Scott. They probably do get a kick out of people getting all giddy and excited about this .... then they pull the plug !! "

That seems to be the case as of late. Sad because these forums actually help them with the problems they have with their software updates.

You are 10000% correct!:mad:

I dont really consider it a rumor when someone high up in the software chain tells you it is coming.

If what you guys are saying is true then it appears that the Dish Network webmaster gets his news from SatelliteGuys as after we announced that it was coming out it was magically added to the public Dish Network software website. Man thats power. :)

(If you believe that I got a bridge to sell you) Yes the software was scheduled to roll out today, but do to an issue it didnt go. I have heard 5 different expected release dates today of when it will go out again. I have not reported these since each person told me a different date and time. (And these are some of the folks who make it happen!)

Some times reporting these things are a damned if you do, damned if you dont thing, as if I didn't report it you would be saying how come you didnt report it.

I think from now on I will use the Fox News method of reporting, I think I will keep reporting what I hear and passing it on here.... in other words "we report, you decide".

You will find a lot of things here that are not reported at other sites until they actually happen, just recently for instance we were the first to mention that RFDTV was moving to the Family and AT200 (and above) packages. We were the first to give you the news about Hallmark Movie Channel and it's release date...

I could go on and on as it happens all the time

I wouldn't let it bother you Scott. We come here to hear THE NEWS (be it rumor, fact or somewhere in between). It's all fun. I think the reason people keep coming back here for that fun. I say keep it coming.

I dont really consider it a rumor when someone high up in the software chain tells you it is coming.

If what you guys are saying is true then it appears that the Dish Network webmaster gets his news from SatelliteGuys as after we announced that it was coming out it was magically added to the public Dish Network software website. Man thats power. :)

(If you believe that I got a bridge to sell you) Yes the software was scheduled to roll out today, but do to an issue it didnt go. I have heard 5 different expected release dates today of when it will go out again. I have not reported these since each person told me a different date and time. (And these are some of the folks who make it happen!)

Some times reporting these things are a damned if you do, damned if you dont thing, as if I didn't report it you would be saying how come you didnt report it.

I think from now on I will use the Fox News method of reporting, I think I will keep reporting what I hear and passing it on here.... in other words "we report, you decide".

You will find a lot of things here that are not reported at other sites until they actually happen, just recently for instance we were the first to mention that RFDTV was moving to the Family and AT200 (and above) packages. We were the first to give you the news about Hallmark Movie Channel and it's release date...

I could go on and on as it happens all the time
It's not your fault you are told one thing and another thing happens (or rather doesn't happen). I run a popular toy forum along with the website which I founded and sold a few years ago. I reported the news back then and sometimes, well, a lot of the times things just did not happen as I was told. New releases got pulled, pushed, or changed after we reported it. One thing I learned from that is the word 'Tentative'. :)

Jay

The problem that I see isn't with Scott it is with Mark and Dan. The two numb nuts taht are on the Tech Chats. They said 4.01 would be out before March 1 and that it was real stable if I remember right. I would bet that Mark or Dan told Scott it would roll out today.

We all know that if DISH gives a date you better believe it won't happen. It is like being a weather man. Just guess on rain, no rain, or Sunny or cloudy, you have a 50% chance of being right and you still keep you job. With Mark and Dan they give a date and they have a 50% chance of beign right and Charlie will still sign the pay check.

I'm not bitter just tired of all these DISH people saying something not being able to hold up to it.

If they really wanted to impress all of use the external hard drive software would be out before Team Summit. However they will once again show it as a hot new idea then give a date and MISS IT AS USAUAL.

Shawn

I don't think any of the comments were directed to Scott posting news or rumors. Apologies if it came across that way. Most of the comments were directed to Dish Network and their incompetent staff that can't keep target dates.

For example, how long has it been since they said that NBR was coming to the 5xx receivers? We're still waiting......

I do appreciate you posting rumors and news not like other sites that don't have the bxlls to post anything.

That's right, Scott's just the messenger, passing along what he hears from his sources. He can't be blamed for E*'s incompetence.

Why does E* even bother announcing release dates anymore?? They've missed so many of them, it's almost funny now. We've joked about their "soon" response to questions, but at least with "soon" you're disappointed gradually over time, as opposed to a buildup that occurs on a specific date.....

Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to...

622 L4.01 WAS To Spool on Thursday!
or
622 L4.01 To Spool on SOME Thursday!

:)

Talon Dancer

That's right, Scott's just the messenger, passing along what he hears from his sources. He can't be blamed for E*'s incompetence.
To clarify, I'm not faulting or blaming Scott either. My point is, maybe he should take any rumours with a grain of salt anymore.... or at least until they (E*) can get their act together.
Why does E* even bother announcing release dates anymore?? They've missed so many of them, it's almost funny now.
It is funny.... and sad.... One has to question the competency of their testing process and so on. Now that I think about it, really, what are the odds of them finding last-minute bugs or problems that stop a release ?? It really makes you wonder, doesn't it ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)