622 L4.01 To Spool on Thursday! (Not sure WHICH thursday though)

It would be nice if the HD label was present in the channel guide and elsewhere for OTA channels. The label is most helpful in the DVR recordings list so we can determine what programs are taking up all of the space. But, OTA HD recordings don't get the HD label.

Again Locals on the 8's is not scheduled to work until May.

The software part that the receiver needs to receive the local on the 8s is in this software, however they are not transmitting the data needed for it yet for the 622 to receive.

I don't think there is an active thread right now, but Scott found out that they weren't going to put it in this release and it was going to be in a future release.

PIP not working at all......

Thursday night, I got L4.01 and a email about the beta test and instructions to follow and report back on the beta release. I was expecting a beta download on Friday night too for the beta test that I got instruction for on Thursday. I tested on Friday, but I can't get Picture-n-Picture to work at all. So, I'm thinking that I didn't get the beta but I definitely have L4.01 but not a version with PiP. Anyone have this issue?

Another item I noticed and this more of a tip is that if you use a favorite list (ex. Movies) to select only movie related channels the map down will not work. For example, in my movies favorite list I have 300 HBO (standard definition) and 9456 (HBOHD), it will not work in the map down. You have to go back into the favorite list edit screen and deselect 9456 HBOHD and select 300 HBOHD so you favorite list will show the map down.

Scott

4.01 is 4.01. It's not really beta. You have the same version as the rest of us. Sounds like you have a bug to report.

4.01 is 4.01. It's not really beta. You have the same version as the rest of us. Sounds like you have a bug to report.

I did report it in the Beta test reply, but I don't know if I'm supposed to call into customer service. I was figuring that I would get a reply from someone in development in a few days but wondered if anyone found this issue? This is only thing I have found wrong so far.

Scott

I did report it in the Beta test reply, but I don't know if I'm supposed to call into customer service. I was figuring that I would get a reply from someone in development in a few days but wondered if anyone found this issue? This is only thing I have found wrong so far.

Scott

You report the bugs to the email you received. As far as PIP, is your receiver in single mode? PIP doesn't work in dual mode.

You report the bugs to the email you received. As far as PIP, is your receiver in single mode? PIP doesn't work in dual mode.

Ok, cool, I switched the mode to single and I get PiP. I completely forgot about the dual vs. single mode, DUH!!!.... thanks. I will reply to the beta that I got it working.

Scott

My program guide is off center (in all modes, extended,standard,with picture and without,etc.). It was fine before 4.01. The new HD labels are missing the H.

Yeah. I got the update last night too. The "HD's" and the PiP is nice, but when is external storage gonna get here?

I never use PiP, but I have a question about it. Is it possible to get the audio to swap without swaping location of the video? What if I have channel A full screen with audio and channel B in a smaller window and I want to listen to channel B without swapping the two channel locations? I suppose it's the same concept if I want to do this with side-by-side PiP?

Sorry if this question has been asked, since i didn't read all the posts. I don't have the new software as of yet. If and when will this roll out nationwide or do you have to be a "beta" tester only to receive the new software? And when you do get the upgrade does dish let you know in some way or do you have to find it on your own?

I could be going out to the remaining receivers tonight, but haven't heard a definite yet. Most people probably wouldn't notice software update unless they see something different while messing around with. E* does not send out a notice.

Yes it will be going out to all remaining receivers on Thursday.

I posted this yesterday in the other 401 thread. :)

I am VERY happy with L4.01

I think what I like most about L4.01 is the ability to have 576 timers. I can change all of my timers back to "New" instead of "Weekly". I don't understand why some channels feel they need to run a show 80 times in one week and fill up all my timers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)