722 question

dude2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
If you read the fine print on the 722 specs, it says it upconverts all sd to hd. The fine print on the 622 does not say this.
Does anyone have a 722 to verify if it does this and how well. I know my toshiba HD A2 does a super job of upconverting dvd;s and if the 722 does as well it would be worth getting one.

If you read the fine print on the 722 specs, it says it upconverts all sd to hd. The fine print on the 622 does not say this.
Does anyone have a 722 to verify if it does this and how well. I know my toshiba HD A2 does a super job of upconverting dvd;s and if the 722 does as well it would be worth getting one.
We have a 722 and we get black bars on the sides of the screen for all of the SD Channels (we don't use the stretch or zoom modes at all). With our upconverted DVD player we get no black bars, so it does not appear (at least to me) that the 722 upconverts any sd to hd.

Geoff

If it didn't upconvert MOST of your screen would be black. What you are describing is the fact that it doesn't stretch 4x3 to fit 16x9 unless you TELL it to with the * button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)