722K- OTA guide data?

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
This has probably been discussed before but I can't seem to find it. Apologies in advanced. I have the OTA module on my 722k and a antenna in attic. I was picking up two channels and the guide data showed up in guide. I installed a different antennae and now pickup four channels. The problem is now I don't have any guide data on any of the channels :(. It just says digital service. I have tried everything I can think of including a pwr plug reset/check switch/etc without luck.
Any ideas on getting the guide data?
Thanks, Gerry

If you go back to the one antenna, does it give you guide data again? Dish is notorious for not having guide data on OTA. And Atleast in my case, they have the wrong data on 2 channels that they even have any data on.

Gerry, did the check switch cause a new guide download? If not, try it again, or just wait for the nightly update. IIRC, sometimes it takes awhile to get that guide data to show for newly scanned OTA channels.

I have seen it sometimes take a forced guide download, and a couple days before the OTA guide populates on certain channels. Not sure why that happens sometimes, but it has for me. VIP722k

Reactions: TheKrell
Appreciate the replies but have tried all the above as it's been that way for over a week since everything I tried. I even tried taking out the 2 new channels and seeing if I could get back the data for the two original- no luck. Looks like it is the way it is :(. Thought maybe there was some magic didn't try.
Thanks, Gerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts