921 lost the OTA locals

KenSoren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2005
Yucaipa, CA - 60 miles east of LA
Last night I had my 921 OTA channels disappear. I was watching ABC HD which has a good strong signal - usually 75 to 85 - and I tried to change to UPN HD and I got a message saying that KTLA channel 5.1 cannot be found. This in itself has happened before due to a weak signal, but when I tried to change back to the ABC HD it got strange. The remote got real slow and I got messages saying that none of my OTA channels could be found, then it finally totally froze up.

I did the customary power button reboot and watched it go through two reboot cycles before finally coming up. Then I found that all my OTA signals were still listed on the EPG but could not be found. I had to do a local channel rescan and then the channels came back. Last night everything seemed to be back to normal.

Anyone else have this problem? To date my 921 has had few problems but now it seems to be acting up more than usual. Also, I am scheduled to have a 622 installed next Wednesday - and I can't wait!

Yep got me a while back. My unit continued to slow down for about two weeks then just never really came back all the way.

Just sits there for several minutes doing nothing several times a night so I called and got a replacement unit, will see how this one performs.

Yeah, I also recently lost my OTA channels on the 921. Did a reboot...no help but then did a new scan for the channels and voila! There they were and are working fine.

sternpry said:
Yeah, I also recently lost my OTA channels on the 921. Did a reboot...no help but then did a new scan for the channels and voila! There they were and are working fine.

I noticed on the 921, that after some sw upgrades, you have to rescan the ota. This happened to me several time over the last 2 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts