A question about moving.

Seahawkman

Original poster
Mar 7, 2014
University place, wa
Apparently with the dish movers deal I can upgrade my receiver for free. Does that mean that I can upgrade to a Hopper with sling over the regular Hopper that I have now? If so, can I transfer content from my current receiver to the new one? Thanks.

Apparently with the dish movers deal I can upgrade my receiver for free....

Where did you see that or who told you that? And I guess it depends on what you mean by free. People can often upgrade for free, with a new two year contract, is that what you mean?

Yes, if you get an external harddrive (which I recommend even if you don't upgrade) you can put any recordings on it then watch on the new Hopper.

Yep must have EHD to move recordings from one to the other, the tech can't do that when they are there for the mover nor will any wait around that day if you buy one from them as it takes hours sometimes to move many recordings. Also there is no promise that Dish will give you a free upgrade, its not really considered that when you are going from hopper to hopper regardless of the other having sling...you can just buy the sling adapter for that.

Please PM me your account number and verify your 4 digit PIN number on your account so I can check upgrade options for you. Thanks.

Apparently with the dish movers deal I can upgrade my receiver for free. Does that mean that I can upgrade to a Hopper with sling over the regular Hopper that I have now? If so, can I transfer content from my current receiver to the new one? Thanks.

you know you can buy a sling adapter from amazon or ebay and just plug it in to your hopper 2000 and it will give you the same capability.

If the OP can get a free upgrade, why spend money on the adapter. Plus, I think that using DA is more reliable with the HWS.

IF is the operative word here. It's not unheard of but I am doubting he will get a free upgrade as part of the moving program, unless he agrees to a new two year contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)