A question on switches & LNBs

chicagofilms

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Currently I have a Dish500 pointing at 110 & 119 and one dish pointed at 61.9. I'm usure of the LNBs they have, but I have a total of 6 wires coming into myh house to an SW64.

If I were to switch out the 64 for a DP44+ so I can run one cable to a dual tuner reciever, do the LNBs need to be changed as well? Or do I just ignore on cable from each one, connecting only a total of 3 cables to the 44?

Or would swapping out the dishess witha Dish1000 be better? Can it get the Voom channels?

Last edited:
Seeing you have a SW64 you must have Legacy LNBs so to use a DPP44 you would need to upgrade to Dish Pro LNBs. Why do you want to upgrade and where are you located? The other questions need more information to answer but Chicago might be a guess for location.

I got a 622 and the installer is coming tomorrow. I was just curious what needs to be done to get the dual tuner working on the 622.

If he has to swap LNBs anyway, I'd like to get the 1000 to have just 1 dish on my roof.

I'm in the Chicago suburbs.

He will have to bring a 44 switch and the nessasary DP LNBF's to do a 622 upgrade. Be sure to remind him that as long as he has the 622 and power inserter plugged into port 1 of the 44 switch he wont have to use DP adapters if you have legacy equipment.

Yep, only need 3 cables coming into 44 switch!

Well I gave up on waiting for Dish. They called me at 5:15 to tell me Sorry, we couldn't make it there today our next available date is March 17.

So I disconnected one reciever, and connected my 622 with two lines from my swg64. I got everything working, called to activate teh reciever and everything came on but my HD channels. I called Dish to see what's up and was told I would have no HD on my 622 until the worker returned on March 17.

I freaked on the guy and told him screw it, I'll do it myself, just turn on my damn HD!

So I guess I'm off to Dishstore to buy a new switch & LNBs...