Account Audit team unethical business practices

stone phillips420

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
earth
Guys, i thought i was done with the account audit team, i guess not
i used to have 8 receivers on my account all dvrs plus alot of programming then the audit team treated me like sh*t not to mention crook as well, 3 or 4 audits in 3 months passed all with flying colors

So with all the audit i went through for no reason, i cancelled than i decided to sub just one receiver on the family pack
ha ha dish is my ccf child , that i sponsor
about .80 cants a day

anyways my other 7 receivers were owned but the audit team said lease codes were tied to my boxes in their CPU

I called audit team today and they now say that all my receivers are owned no balances owed.
so if my receivers are free and clear and owned
why wont dish let me sell my receivers on ebay or elsewhere?

I own the receivers, i should be able to do as i see fit!

Apparently the final decision seems to be coming down to Account Audit manager Jason Levine, who conveniently ducks all my calls questions and concerns

cant wait for dtv HDTV plans for 07-08, if dish keeps up these business practices pretty soon they will have no one to audit

So much for a free market selling equipment you own. This company just seems to get better and better. If they pull that crap, the least they can do is buy back your receivers at the cost you paid for them.

If they do this to enough people that own expensive hardware then someone will sue. The thing is Dish can afford lawyers and good ones too. You know how lawyers can be. They now how to twist things around to their favor.

After reading everyone's horror stories and unethical treatment of Dish customers by the audit team, I whittled down my receivers from 4 to just the 622. All the rest have been sold and are no longer on my account. I don't believe I will ever be audited with just 1 receiver and if for some reason I am, I am not going to talk to them. I will tell then to check their phone in records and hang up. They can kiss my a**! I pay my bill and I refuse to be treated like a criminal. With only 1 receiver on my account, what can they do? If the disable the receiver then I will cancel ASAP then contact my law firm and let then deal with it. It's ashame the audit team treats customers the way they do. I can almost guarantee that if customers get treated like criminals by the audit team, they will leave. I can understand Dish wanting to catch people cheating the system but Dish needs to find a better way and they need to can everyone on the audit team.

I cut the number of receivers I have down as well. I just hooked up a splitter on some of them and use a UHF remote. I also got dual tuner receivers which helped reduce the number of receivers even more and it saves on additional outlet and DVR fees.

There is no excuse for this Bullsh!t! They shouldn't call anybody at all and require all new subs to have phone lines. Instead of calling and treating people like sh*t they can offer to pay to have all the receivers hooked up for current customers. I'd tell them to fleck off if they would have ever called me. This practice is unacceptable and unprofessional. And yet you reward Dish by keeping their service while punishing yourself by having less boxes. I don't get it when you can switch to DTV or cable although DBS is becoming just like the "old style" cable that many of us have left years ago. This is my last stint with DBS (cable on the stick) that many put holes in their roofs to get.

Roger said:
And yet you reward Dish by keeping their service while punishing yourself by having less boxes. I don't get it when you can switch to DTV or cable although DBS is becoming just like the "old style" cable that many of us have left years ago. This is my last stint with DBS (cable on the stick) that many put holes in their roofs to get.
its not a reward .80 cents a day, i spend mmore money on coffee everyday, it should be an insult to them
i have every service under the sun except cable, fta, and sky mexico

Pils said:
So much for a free market selling equipment you own. This company just seems to get better and better. If they pull that crap, the least they can do is buy back your receivers at the cost you paid for them.

Car Dealer's should buy cars back at the same price as well :)

Used receivers are nasty, nothing like watching someone elses house bugs hatch out into your new home.

Ken P. said:
Car Dealer's should buy cars back at the same price as well :)

If Chevy said you couldn't sell your car even though you own it, think you wouldn't be a little pissed, or Ford for that matter? They pulled crap with me saying one of my owned boxes is theirs. They should act like any other American company and honor their customer as a customer and not change the rules as they see fit.

Are you the character from Office Space who created the "Jump to Conclusions" mat?

Ken P. said:
Look at it from there perspective... 8 active receivers, one account, most DVR's are dual tuners so going by limited info on your post you have 24 rooms in your home you watch enough to want to keep them all activated. You only pay $5 for each additional receiver you have ontop of your monthly programming. 24 rooms is way too much!
Whoa there fella, Ken P.'s cutoff NO MORTE ALCOHOL

ah- no, i dont have 24 rooms.
the specs of my house as follows

TYPE S.FAM.RES
YEAR BUILT 1971
ARCH/STYLE TWO STORY
FOUNDATION SQ FT 1118
FINISHED SQ FT 2702
BEDROOMS 4
BATHS 3
FRAME WOOD
GARAGE SQ FT 816
OTHER GARAGE
MISC BLDG

Last edited:
Ken P. said:
Maybe you need a life but personally, I think your sharing receivers with freinds and family and letting them pay you a fraction of what they would have to pay on the monthly programming fee.
Your more than welcome to your opinion Ken P., I do have a life hence the dvr's i watch tv on my schedule
Its great and neat that you think I'm sharing receivers apparently dish network thought that as well, but i passed every single audit they could make up to bother and pester me, it became too much spending more time on the phone with the audit dept. then watching their product.
If one passes every audit and every phone line is plugged in 25/7 there is no account sharing
so that theory of your is shot now for the others

You can sell your equipment but it will do no good when someone else goes to put it on their account and you have a $100 ballence linked to the account its being pulled from that has to be payed first. So...

Many people buy receivers for a cupple hundred dollars then are prompted to pay off someone elses ballence before it can be transfered to their account causing conflic and sometimes a loss of customer. It's not fair to the buyer!

Its easyier to say somethings not possible rather then to go into detail explaining what varible events that have to take place in order to complete a receiver transfer.

If you say each receiver is plugged into a telephone 24/7 then I stop right there, just make sure the dial properties are set to *67 to access an outside line so the audit system will see your phone number when they dial out if you have an anonomous call feature that restricts people from veiwing your telephone number :) Problem solved sorry for any hassle

Ken P. said:
But seriously, am I wrong? I appologize if your rich enough to have that many receivers and sponcer a kid for .80 cents a day working a fulltime job(yet enough time to watch 24 diff TV's) but can't buy enough wirless telephone adapters to hook all your receivers up so you don't have to deal with a audit team every week or so.

Flame me guys for being a skeptic on this topic but the numbers have theif written on them
Yes Ken once again you're wrong!
Thank you but I do have enough more for all the creature comforts of my life.
I just showed you the specs of the house ken NO 24 rooms as you say
there's also no 24 TV's as you say I HAVE SEVEN(7)
I don't have any wireless adapters nor do i need to buy any all my receivers passed every audit repeatedly Im on the phone with them darn near everyday of the week and they change there rules on me every time

Well them Ken according to you I'm a thief yet according to everyone else I'm a diamond in the rough
I pay for my satellite service as every company knows as its listed in my Sig.
as for you i think you're ......... well i wont say.
see i can play nice:)
no flame needed just get your info straight before ya accuse Ken P. You aren't by chance a member of the audit team are you?

Ken P. said:
If you say each receiver is plugged into a telephone 24/7 then I stop right there, just make sure the dial properties are set to *67 to access an outside line so the audit system will see your phone number when they dial out if you have an anonomous call feature that restricts people from veiwing your telephone number :) Problem solved sorry for any hassle
no hassle Ken its obvious to me you aren't on the audit team cause they don't stop
have a good one but get all the info before you call me a theif:)
thanks

No worries Stone, somethings I say are ment to sound sarcastic when read and not to be taken to heart but sarcasim is a hard tool to accomplish through a TRUE TYPE FONT when the fluxuation in your words can't be heard

Dishpointer said:
After reading everyone's horror stories and unethical treatment of Dish customers by the audit team, I whittled down my receivers from 4 to just the 622. I don't believe I will ever be audited with just 1 receiver and if for some reason I am, I am not going to talk to them.
Apparently you don't comprehend why Dish feels the need to do these audits.... The reason they do it and who they pick does make sense to some degree. How strict and bull-headed they appear to be seems to be a bit too much though.