AL Central 2010

Put the fork in the Sox now, needed the sweep, didn't get it. Give props to the Twins, they won the division. Sox too streaky and couldn't put it together when they needed.

Now the battle is for Home Field Advantage, yes there is a battle .....

Bet you didn't know that the Twins are only 1.5 GB of the Yanks for best record, did ya.

Go Twins !

Missed the game (very ill yesterday so was in bed early) but got to listen to parts of it (while dozing in and out)

sounded like a good game and saw the hilites. What was Rios thinking? He was Willie Mays Hayes and was going to make a "circus" catch that he didnt need to make?

Missed the game (very ill yesterday so was in bed early) but got to listen to parts of it (while dozing in and out)

sounded like a good game and saw the hilites. What was Rios thinking? He was Willie Mays Hayes and was going to make a "circus" catch that he didnt need to make?
Yep, we noticed forum activity was down 200-300 posts yesterday. ;) Seriously, get some rest and enjoy the fact that the Twins will be playing in the post season. :)

Too bad he does neither. The race for home field will be good. The issue now is that they remain two back until the Rays/Yankees series is over. I can bet most didn't think they would catch them.

Talk about a run... Twins were 46-43 sitting 8.5GB back in WC and 4.5GB in the Division. Wow does two months make a difference.

Also keep in mind the Twins were 7 back with 21 to play last year and they made it in.

Too bad he does neither. The race for home field will be good. The issue now is that they remain two back until the Rays/Yankees series is over. I can bet most didn't think they would catch them.

Talk about a run... Twins were 46-43 sitting 8.5GB back in WC and 4.5GB in the Division. Wow does two months make a difference.

Also keep in mind the Twins were 7 back with 21 to play last year and they made it in.

I've been reminding people that the Twins turn it on in the second half for a push to the end of the year every year.

Nothing unusual there.

Feeling better today Ice ?

little better

one of those 24 hour "gut rot" type bugs...think it might have been those toaster scrambles I had. They've been in the freezer a month or so and they do have eggs in them...so ya never know

hmmm......only thing I can think of. Anything else I ate Monday was "normal" food :)

Now the battle is for Home Field Advantage, yes there is a battle .....

Bet you didn't know that the Twins are only 1.5 GB of the Yanks for best record, did ya.

Go Twins !

I saw this the other day and was shocked! It wasn't long ago that the Twins were behind the Rangers in the battle for playoff positioning. Now it looks like the only lock is Texas finishing with the #4 seed.

Texas cant finish with the 4 seed...wild card is the 4 seed....but due to the "wildcard cant play the division winner if its same division" then technically Texas will be considered that

I forget how they figure it out playoff wise

would the wild card play the highest seed that isnt the East? So if the Twins finish 1st or 2nd record wise they still get the wild card (assuming if they finish 2nd that the East finished 1st)?

edit: wiki to the rescue
Since 1998, the wild-card team has been assigned to play the division winner with the best winning percentage (outside of their own division) in one series, and the other two division winners meet in the other series.

I forget how they figure it out playoff wise

would the wild card play the highest seed that isnt the East? So if the Twins finish 1st or 2nd record wise they still get the wild card (assuming if they finish 2nd that the East finished 1st)?

edit: wiki to the rescue
Since 1998, the wild-card team has been assigned to play the division winner with the best winning percentage (outside of their own division) in one series, and the other two division winners meet in the other series.

I think it's too soon to determine the seedings.

WEEI's Dennis and Callahan to be simulcast live on NESN

Don't look now, but Steve Lavin is making St. John's relevant again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)