AL Central 2010

not really Jimbo
Twins have a 5 game lead over the Rangers....If they're behind the team in the east thats moot as the wild card will have to play whoever finishes higher between them two

The only way the Twins would play the East winner is if Texas finishes higher than the Twins record wise

not really Jimbo
Twins have a 5 game lead over the Rangers....If they're behind the team in the east thats moot as the wild card will have to play whoever finishes higher between them two

The only way the Twins would play the East winner is if Texas finishes higher than the Twins record wise

From the way I see it, IF the Twins take the best record, they will play the WC from the AL East.

That sound right ?

yes
but the wild card cannot play the division winner from the same division 1st round

so regardless if the AL East team or the Twins finish 1st overall, the wild card will come to Minnesota. The only way it would go to Texas is if the Twins finish 3rd in the division standings (highly unlikely)

yes
but the wild card cannot play the division winner from the same division 1st round

so regardless if the AL East team or the Twins finish 1st overall, the wild card will come to Minnesota. The only way it would go to Texas is if the Twins finish 3rd in the division standings (highly unlikely)

So the Twins will play either NY or TB ....

Nice to see the lead grow to 8 games. What is even better is there are now a 1GB beyond Tampa for the best record and .5GB behind the Yankees.

Tonight will be interesting given Beuhrle seems to do well against the Twins. He is 2-1 this year with a low era. Although the Twins are on a hot streak so who knows. A win tonight drops the Magic number to 8.

Nice to see the lead grow to 8 games. What is even better is there are now a 1GB beyond Tampa for the best record and .5GB behind the Yankees.

Tonight will be interesting given Beuhrle seems to do well against the Twins. He is 2-1 this year with a low era. Although the Twins are on a hot streak so who knows. A win tonight drops the Magic number to 8.

I think the issue now is no longer the Magic # to win the AL Central, but what it takes to finish in 1st overall.

The Twins, IMO, are right now, the best team in baseball. Those guys are somewhere around 47 -13 since the break. I may be a game off, but just the same, that is remarkable. I can see home field advantage in their future.

Twins up 3-0 early. Pavano hit Konerko in the face, maybe the tip of the nose, in the first. It was obviously not on purpose. That said, I don't blame the Sox for plunking Cuddyer later, especially since it wasn't a dangerous plunk. 3-1 now. Konerko just homered.

I thought if the Sox lost the first two g games of the series cthey would just quit. They continue to battle & that is to ootheir credit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)